• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Disabled weapon does not become enabled after Upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
So my issue is that I have a weapon on a unit disabled that a player can have enabled after researching an upgrade.

For the weapon under "Weapon - Options" I have Disable checked, this part works fine. However in the upgrade I set it to where it should re-enable the weapon but after researching the upgrade it seems to have no effect as the weapon is still disabled. Is this a glitch in the GE? or have I done something wrong?

EDIT

I found a way to work around it by setting the weapon to be hidden and then setting the weapon's min range to 0.1 more than the regular range (Not doing this the unit could still attack.) Then setting the upgrade to reduce the min range to 0 and unhiding it.

Before I tried setting the target filters so the unit couldn't attack but when the upgrade would reset it the unit could no longer do damage.

The hiding thing is a temporary fix as I would much rather have it disabled then renabled.

Level 3
Enabling weapons definitely works with behaviours. So if weapons really can't directly be enabled by upgrades, you could have the upgrade add a behaviour that enables the weapon.

Status
Not open for further replies.