• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Allosaurus

An Allosaurus based on the WoW T-rex model by blizzard

Scientific name: Allosaurus fragilis
Diet: Carnivore
Length: 12 m

GIVE CREDIT WHEN YOU USE THIS IN YOUR MAP.

Please do not distribute or modify this resource without permission.

Keywords:
Allosaurus, Dinosaur
Contents

Allosaurus (Model)

Ingame shot
AlloIngame.jpg

Other icons
Devour
BTNAllosaurusDevour.jpg
DISBTNAllosaurusDevour.jpg

http://www.wc3sear.ch/?p=Icons&ID=10631

Dinosaur Attack
BTNDinosaurAttack.jpg
BTNDinosaurAttackUpgrade.jpg

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Icons&ID=10632&sid=fb1ea4812efdad2140105b0005a6e50a

Dinosaur Scales
BTNDinosaurScales.jpg
BTNDinosaurScalesUpgrade.jpg

http://www.wc3sear.ch/index.php?p=Icons&ID=10635&sid=66093dcfa46f54639ebc825b7bf2cc2d

and here is some info about the real Allosaurus
Allosaurus was a large, meat-eating dinosaur . It was the biggest meat-eater in North America during the late Jurassic period.

<small>ANATOMY
Allosaurus was a powerful predator that walked on two powerful legs, had a strong, S-shaped neck, and had vertebrae that were different from those of other dinosaurs (hence its name, the "different lizard"). It had a massive tail, a bulky body, and heavy bones. Its arms were short and had three-fingered hands with sharp claws that were up to 6 inches (15 cm) long.

Allosaurus was up to 38 feet long (12 m) and 16.5 feet tall (5 m). It weighed about 1400 kg. It had a 3 feet long (90 cm) skull with two short brow-horns and bony knobs and ridges above its eyes and on the top of the head. It had large, powerful jaws with long, sharp, serrated teeth 2 to 4 inches (5 to 10 cm) long.

The different species of Allosaurus varied in weight. Allosaurus fragilis, A. atrox, and A. ferox weighed about 1.1 to 1.9 tons (1 tonne to 1.7 tonnes); A. amplexus was much heavier and weighed about 2.7 to 5.5 tons (3 tonnes to 5 tonnes).

DIET AND TEETH
Allosaurus was a huge carnivore, a meat eater equipped with sharp, pointed teeth in large, powerful jaws - it was the biggest meat-eater in its habitat. This theropod also had long, sharp clawed hands. Allosaurus probably ate large, plant-eating dinosaurs, like Stegosaurus.

BEHAVIOR
Allosaurus may have hunted in groups. In groups, Allosaurus could ambush even the very large sauropods (like Diplodocus and Camarasaurus). It probably also preyed upon stegosaurs and iguanodonts. Allosaurus was the most abundant predator in late Jurassic North America.

WHEN ALLOSAURUS LIVED
Allosaurus was the biggest meat-eater during the late Jurassic period, about 154 to 144 million years ago

CLASSIFICATION
Allosaurus belonged to the:

Kingdom Animalia (animals)
Phylum Chordata (having a hollow nerve chord ending in a brain)
Class Archosauria (diapsids with socket-set teeth, etc.)
Order Saurischia - lizard-hipped dinosaurs
Suborder Theropoda - bipedal carnivores
Tetanurae -advanced theropods
Neotetanurae - late tetanurans
Infraorder Carnosauria = Allosauria - large predators, many with head crests, including Carcharodontosaurus and Giganotosaurus
Family Allosauridae (huge carnivores with bony head ridges that may have hunted in packs; they included Allosaurus, Saurophaganax, and Neovenator.
Genus Allosaurus
species A. fragilis (the type species; Marsh, 1877)
species A. amplexus (Cope, 1878, originally called Epanterias)
species A. atrox (Marsh, 1878, originally called Creosaurus)
species A. ferox (Marsh, 1896) </small>

wow nice dino olof another to add to your colection eh? good job
Actually it's a replacment for the old Allosaur

BEAUTIFUL! Time to replace the old Trex with this one. Icon would be nice too.
Exept the fact that this is not a T-rex, it's a re-make of the old Allosaurus.
that old Allosaur skin was actually my very first freehand skin, and Mecheon made that old model, we both agreed that it wasn't good enough, so... I made a new one, same story as the Stegosaur.

and thanks every one for your positive reactions!

and I'm going to make an icon, so don't worry, but it was really late so I had no time to make an icon yesterday.

Edit: I'm also going to make some spell icons for this model aswell I think.

Edit: I finished the icon and Devour icon, in the first bottom most post is a link.

Level 4
Olof you are a good model maker I am a fan of your work. :D I would appreciate it if you could make insect models cause they live before the dinosaurs :wink: It would be awsome if I had an insect model

Level 4
Hey Olof can you create an Ant model oh and make it so it can carry lmuber. I need it for a map Im making

Level 25
Said ant model doesn't work

Its an ANCIENT model at that. I'm not even sure if its still here

The guy who made it also made a bee and a termite. Search for them with the EVER SO USEFUL SEARCH FUNCTION and look around

Oh, and Olof doesn't take requests any more. Except if he knows you, he's bored out of his mind and its an excelent idea. Which is why there's a horseshoe crab model

Level 8
lovely just pure lovely. i would like to see more dinos as i like looking at them even if i dont use them in a map but only if they were made by you olof.

Level 5
it needs a decay animation. Other than that very nice, although the attack animation looks a little wierd. 4.5/5

No...:vw_unimpressed: In Truth the attack animation is exactly alike the Allosaurus Attack, they do these Treading in the smallest Prays
Anyways

Awesome Model 4/5
Well Done
This is one of your better Dinosaur models, no doubt...

Level 1
Whoa! This is awesome! 5/5! Animations work smoothly and model looks fantastic. :infl_thumbs_up:

Level 3
Probably the best Dino model on hive imo. Perfect for a current project!
Quick heads-up: The import path on the readme is incorrect. It should use a blackslash after Textures