• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Aeon of Strife] All Class War rework

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 13
All Class Wars (ACW)

Hello! My name is Twilight(moonbeam), and I'm a fellow map creator.
In the past few months, I wasn't really active, but I'm slowly coming back to Warcraft3.

Currently right now, I went through my old maps and creations, and saw a few of my old projects, and just wanted to rework them entirely.

The current map I got in mind to rework, is my AoS map called All Class Wars.

My plan is as follows:

1.New terrain
For starters, I'm in need of a new and bigger map, I already have it planned out on paper, but yet I'm really bad with time. Therefor, it will take me some time creating a bigger and larger map since I'm kind of slow.
Some if not everyone noticed, that this map terrain is an actual copy of the melee map named: Legends

2.Balancing

Ahh yes... The thing I'm really bad at. Most of the heroes and items make no sense and some heroes are super weak, and some are basically "Raid bosses". This isn't much of a problem, I'll probably get some feedback from those that play my map and work around it. Yet, I will try and fix most of the balance issues.

3. A.I. Bots

This is probably the hardest part for me...
I have tried to implement some "Bots" in the map for players, but they're pretty badly made, I'll probably have to find a new way of working on them and making the map triggers more efficient.

4. Discord

Most of the time, I spend it on Discord, I'm mostly active there, there for, I'm planning on creating a new server for people that play the map, and want to give feedback/suggest something about the map.

Also, my tag is moonbeam#0281

Requests

Is there a way I can finish this project faster? Well yes. I'm currently looking for a few things, I'll list them down below.

1. Terrain maker

Probably the most obvious one. I can make myself my own terrain, but it will take a lot of time, and I'm investing 2 hours per day for this project. The current terrain size of the map is 64x64, and I'm aiming to make the map at least 280/280 or 340/340. If there are any Terrain makers out there willing to help, contact me.

Unfortunately, I can't reward you much, other than credit you for the terrain and give you as many reputation points as I can.

2. A loading screen

This one isn't really important, but I do like a good loading screen artwork. I can always "cheat" my way by copying some random picture of Warcraft, and do some editing, but I do want something to create myself, but then again, I'm not really good with drawing/digital art. If there is someone that would like to help, feel free!.

3. A.I. Maker

Soo, as mentioned before, I'm planning on creating better A.I. players on my map, but I'm not really good at Bots, there for, this isn't really much since I can do this on my own, I'd like to ask for any tutorials regarding making AoS bots and such, or if you want to help me create ones, I'd be very grateful!

And that would be it!

If you're interested in helping, feel free to contact me, your help will be deeply appreciated! And also, I'd like to thank you for your attention and for playing my map! Feel free to send me any feedback!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.