• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

All About Multiboards

Level 10
well any basic one is like this

• Multiboard Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Set Kills[2] = 0
      • Set Kills[3] = 0
      • Set Kills[4] = 0
      • Set Kills[5] = 0
      • Set Kills[6] = 0
      • Set Kills[7] = 0
      • Set Kills[8] = 0
      • Set Kills[9] = 0
      • Set Kills[10] = 0
      • Set Kills[11] = 0
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 11 rows, titled Player's Info
      • Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Defender
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 10 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 11 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 8 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 9 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 10 to Show text and Hide icons
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 11 to Show text and Hide icons
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 2 (Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 2 to (Name of Player 2 (Blue))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 2 to (String(Kills[2]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 3 (Teal) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 3 to (Name of Player 3 (Teal))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to (String(Kills[3]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 4 (Purple) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 4 to (Name of Player 4 (Purple))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 4 to (String(Kills[4]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 5 (Yellow) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 5 to (Name of Player 5 (Yellow))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 5 to (String(Kills[5]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 6 (Orange) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 6 to (Name of Player 6 (Orange))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 6 to (String(Kills[6]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 7 (Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 7 to (Name of Player 7 (Green))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 7 to (String(Kills[7]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 8 (Pink) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 8 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 8 to (Name of Player 8 (Pink))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 8 to (String(Kills[8]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 9 (Gray) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 9 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 9 to (Name of Player 9 (Gray))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 9 to (String(Kills[9]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 10 (Light Blue) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 10 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 10 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 10 to (Name of Player 10 (Light Blue))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 10 to (String(Kills[10]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
        • If - Conditions
          • (Player 11 (Dark Green) slot status) Equal to Is playing
        • Then - Actions
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 11 to 10.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 11 to 5.00% of the total screen width
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 11 to (Name of Player 11 (Dark Green))
          • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 11 to (String(Kills[11]))
        • Else - Actions
          • Do nothing
Warning this trigger doesnt set up the multiboard fully right. This was used in my map. it fully works but could be improved

Level 21
  • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
Affects all rows and columns... It is much easyer and shorter...
And using the IntegerA or IntegerB functions would simplify anything -_-"
Here's a better version of the trigger(probably not the best...) :

• Multiboard Copy
    • Events
      • Time - Elapsed game time is 0.01 seconds
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
          • Set Kills[(Integer A)] = 0
      • Multiboard - Create a multiboard with 2 columns and 11 rows, titled Player's Info
      • Multiboard - Minimize (Last created multiboard)
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to 10.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to 5.00% of the total screen width
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row 1 to Defender
      • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 1 to Kills
      • Multiboard - Set the display style for (Last created multiboard) item in column 0, row 0 to Show text and Hide icons
      • For each (Integer A) from 2 to 11, do (Actions)
        • Loop - Actions
            • If - Conditions
              • (Player((Integer A)) slot status) Equal to Is playing
            • Then - Actions
              • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to 10.00% of the total screen width
              • Multiboard - Set the width for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to 5.00% of the total screen width
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 1, row (Integer A) to (Name of (Player((IntegerA))))
              • Multiboard - Set the text for (Last created multiboard) item in column 2, row (Integer A) to (String(Kills[2]))
              • Else - Actions
                • Do nothing
And you're done
Think, how shorter is this...

Edited : Fixed a brainless bug :eek:

Last edited:
Level 12
Question...

Okay I have the Multiboard set up, except mine is 3x11 instead of 2x4.

Well, Column 3 is the Score column which is
  • Set PlayerKills = (PlayerKills x 50)
I'm not sure if I did that right, but logically it looks good. For each hero killed, I want 50 points to be added to the scoreboard for whoever killed the hero.

Anyway, I have a couple questions:
+First, I want the winner of each "round" in my map to gain a bonus 100 points. Is this possible? (Seems to me like I need to bring in another trigger entirely though i am not certain of this)
+Next, I want to know if I can arrange the Multiboard by SCORE, rather than by name.
+Last, (and i don't think this has anything to do with the Multiboard itself other than referring to it) is there a way to pick out the top 5 scores from the Multiboard, and have them be the only ones to continue to a following round (making the other players receive defeat message and be removed from game)?

These are the final pieces I need to make my Multiboard fully functional more or less other than a few quirks I can probably figure out myself. Anyway, I just need a simple yes/no answer as to whether they are possible in your knowledge. If they are I will hit up the Request board when I need these things for my map.

I apologize for asking so much.
Also, +Rep for the amazing tutorial! Even this complete noob of triggers was able to get through this with some common sense and a little patience.

Level 2
deaths..

for whenever a hero dies i used this trigger:

• Actions
  • Set redDeaths - (redDeaths + 1)
  • Multiboard - Set the text for (last created multiboard) item in column 2, row 3 to (string(redDeaths))
when my hero dies it works sometimes but goes by 2 other times. How do i fix this?

Level 17
I need some help, when i try to make so that the multiboard only appears for one player, it doesnt work.
[Trigger=This is the trigger]
Custom script: if ( GetLocalPlayer() == Player(0) ) then
Multiboard - Show Multiboards[1]
Custom script: endif
[/Trigger]

EDIT: If im not totally wrong, in your "Hero Health %'s:" example, player 1 have to be playing otherwise it wont check if player 2 and so on. Isnt it better if they are separated? It will cause a error in the code otherwise. For example, if player 1, 3 & 5 is playing. It wont read that player 3 & 5 is playing becouse player 2 & 4 is not in the game. I might be wrong but im almost sure that im right.

EDIT2: I solved my problem. The problem was that i created another multiboard after that one which hides it instantly after it shows up. How stupid of me >.<

Last edited:
Level 2
I am currently making an RPG stye map which has a multiboard included in it, I would like to know (Im sorry if i missed it eslewhere on the tutorials) how to create a experience counter. Such as, XP points to next level on my multiboard. Please guide my through it if u are able to because my attempt at it totally failed.

Level 17
I am currently making an RPG stye map which has a multiboard included in it, I would like to know (Im sorry if i missed it eslewhere on the tutorials) how to create a experience counter. Such as, XP points to next level on my multiboard. Please guide my through it if u are able to because my attempt at it totally failed.

I think i readed that there isnt a trigger to see how much exp its left etc.
But with some calculations, you could make the trigger recoginse the level, and know how much exp that level requires, then it just takes that -the experience you have.

And if you make experience gain triggered, it would be pretty simple to make it count how much exp you have, by adding the exp gained to a variable.

This is not actually related to multiboards, but well... I hope that helps.

Level 2
Thx for helping, i thought about doing that and my series of triggers totally failed. But yeah this is'nt realated much to multiboadrs in the first place lol:eek: I'll keep trying though, thx again