• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alien Resurection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Alien Resurection
Their back.

Map project in Alpha-Beta transition

Plot:
A Secret military reaserch devision in a command base upon planet Flonares sends out a distress call, one of the experiments, had killed most of the base, and has just released the most deadly weapon they have created, ALIENS resurected by the scientists after their destrustion.
A crack team of six marines are deployed to secure the base before the aliens can spread, but have the high command underestimated its own best weapon?

InGame Plot:
Up to twelve players start out with one unit each, six marines, topside of the games layerd subteranian base, and six aliens, ground floor as it were, they must race eachother to the middle, collecting advantages as they go, the further down the marines get, the more advantages they are given, mechanics, the ability to build. backup, vision, communications, power and so on, whereas the aliens must climb as high as they can, converting anything they find alive, and collecting their own advantages, if the marines reach the bottom and kill the alien queen, they win, whereas if the aliens can kill all the marines, or escape to the surface world, they win.

GamePlay Style:
The teir system, on which the game is based, Makes for what I think could become the most exiting player vs player system out there. The game is on eight levels, The surface, and the seven floors of the subteranian base. The further up/down each team gets from their start point, the more benifits they get, and pretty quickly each team diggs in to what they come to conside their *base levels* which become harder and harder to take, this makes for a desparate start of the game, and settles down into heavy force massing and feature manipulation,
For example:
burning through teirs to bypass heavy defences,
exploiting minquests, such as clearing the airducts so the alien facehuggers can get to any level.
Healing and supplying mechanics in order that they can asist you in building deffences, repairing weapons and vheicles, and operation machinery.
Repairing cloning facilitys, in order to expand your attack force.

Current Team:

GeEom - Clan ETSN - Project founder, all round perfectionist Goddess

Winterspirit - Clan ETSN - Terrain God, exentric misinterpritist
Pledges of service:

WildField - - Pro jasser, willing to help
Progress:

Terrain: ~3%

Layouts ~65%
Style Plans ~30%
In progress ~2%
Finnished area ~3%

Triggers: ~0%

Trigger Plans ~0%
Mini Quest Triggering ~0%
Human Systems ~0%
Alien Systems ~0%
Base Systems ~0%
Item Systems ~0%

Units: ~0%

Unit Plans ~7%
Unit Design ~0%
Unit Creation Tree ~0%
Unit Placement ~0%

Items: ~0%

Item Aplication and obtination plans ~0%
Item Design ~0%
Item Placement ~0%

Events & Tasks: ~0%

Event Plans ~30%
Event Terrain acomodation ~0%
Event Implimation ~0%

Total: ~0.6%

Screen Shots:
A few Horrificly low quality screenys, though my artfull use of Far Z and camera angles gives the impression we might have a masive fully terrained map, the above incompetance of completion is acurate, this is just about all there is that isnt in my head still:

Surface:

Subteranian:

Ideas and Concepts:
Any of your ideas welcome, the more the merryer

Ideals:
Play based of one unit sytle, but fast expanding unit group, and void of first person tackyness.
Interchangeable weapons and an interactive item system.
Pure player vs player action, fair balancing, user idea incorperation.
Ideas:
Alien:
~placeable eggs, that spawn the impregnating face huggers upon command or as proximity traps
~the ability to weaken the floor, that enamy units are trapped and burnt by acid as the pass
~the ability to burrow into the floor, and leap upon the ceiling, temporarily escaping or concealing units
~different conversions give differnt units, impregnating a player class marine spawns no less than a new full sised alien at your command, while animals and experiments spawn workers, builders and scouts.
~a range of basic structures with witch to enhance, entrench and expand your army

Human:
~Quickly find and enlist survivors as workforce and milita
~repair the factory and begin robotic production, from ammo to assult drones
~a range of deployable items such as sentry guns, barricades, mines, proximity alarms, trip wires and explosives
~an assortment of resporable base functions, such as npc controlled scout drones, turrets, cameras, and droids
~a range of veicles avaliable to restore to full functionality, and mow down the green scum
~a cloning facility, deadly if it fell into the wrong hands, or claws, but a major boost to the workforce and militant support

Please Do Post:
Its a free country, impale me with your viscious criticisms, or not, compliments also welcome...

Attachments

• alien_from_the_movie.png
    alien_from_the_movie.png
    250 KB · Views: 197
  • Exterior 001.jpg
    Exterior 001.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 208
  • Exterior 002.jpg
    Exterior 002.jpg
    26.4 KB · Views: 187
  • Exterior 003.jpg
    Exterior 003.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 205
  • Interior 001.jpg
    Interior 001.jpg
    22.2 KB · Views: 188
  • Interior 002.jpg
    Interior 002.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 155
  • Interior 003.jpg
    Interior 003.jpg
    21.8 KB · Views: 156
  • Interior 004.jpg
    Interior 004.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 162
  • Interior 005.jpg
    Interior 005.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 254
Last edited:
Level 2
City terrain is a downside however i have yet to find a reasonble one to import :p nice work btw geeom also the scroll up on the mouse can be used to give more diverse screenshots,
For other questions those screenshots show a fraction of what is there concerning terrain this is the max scale map and we havn't wasted any space ;p for each floor

Level 3
The devine...

i do have a very good metalic and a very good *modern stlye* terrains, but have had imense difficuly etting them to work !

Level 3
thanks

its nice to know pple like what we got so far, and would be willing to support

ive realy never worked with ANY jass, i can never think of anything i cant do in GUI , i saw some cool ideas though, like mouse tracking, the sniper sytems i could make if i knew where someones mouse was,

but for stuff like antimaphack, its silly and unreliable, i prefer to blank out something, and if it enters someones line of sight they must b MHING!

Level 3
terraining problem

i wonder if anyone can help, i canot manage to get the cliff tiles to change to a custom skin. i know to import a blp properly you should re open the editor before actualy aplying the skin after import. but ofcourse this is imposible, because you cant replace, add or remove cliff tiles. can anyone help, lest i resort to lagging you out with doodad layers

Level 3
Ill Be Back!

in the words of swarsonegger, spelt wrng

basicly because the map needs so much more work, i intend to stop updating this thread, mainly becaue when i need to bulk terrain for a feew hours at night, i seem to endup here, just messing around with the first post, also the thread gets no action, ill return when we finnish the terrain and get some base gameplay set up, or when we aproach this stage,

Status
Not open for further replies.