• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Alien Encounter : The Planet of Blood Beta Testing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Yet another Marine-based survival map. Survive for 10 days against an overwhelming alien army.
Story
It is the year 3102 and humanity is falling. Having used up all of earth's resources, entire nations are fighting each other for what is left. In response, The United Nations sent out numerous ships into space to find resources on other planets. Your ship crash landed onto a rather barren planet known as The Planet of Blood. Setting up a quick shelter, you try to call home but find your signal is blocked. There is movement in the distance...

If you think it is boring. TELL ME.
If you think there is something wrong, like a bug or something is too overpowered. TELL ME

You get the idea. I appreciate any reviews/comments on this beta version. Finally, please do not take this map, finish it and then mark it off as your own.

Thanks
TheDarkMandible

(I am aware that the terrain is a bit bland at the moment, I will sort that out for the final release. I am also having trouble with getting the multiboard the right size.)

EDIT : A new beta version (I know it says its a full version but it's not!)

Attachments

• Alien Encounter V1.0.w3x
    574.4 KB · Views: 63
Last edited:
Level 3
I gave it a try, and it was actually pretty good. You have put some work down there!
Now, where to start... When I reached around day 7, I had upgraded the tower, base and repairs to full, which meant I had no way of using my gold at all. I liked the tower though, when it reached Godly it felt incredibly powerful, which was good since I had invested a good deal of gold into it.
The start was quite cool, with enemies that were not all too hard but required some thought (I used a tactic of kiting the worms around and later the dogs), but as the game went on, my PVT didn't seem to scale very well, which meant I had to rely heavily on my tower to deal with enemies (kiting foes into the tower's range and letting it kill enemies for me).
Overall, I enjoyed it, though it got slightly tedious when my PVT didn't have the punch to deal with the enemies. I don't play very much survival, but it was fun!

Level 3
*Whistles* Nice, my name in credits! Also, I have my own map on here, Afterlife. If you have some time over after working on your own, I'd appreciate feedback on it, too :).

Status
Not open for further replies.