• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

aim : levelling up item with hero for stat increase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
alright hello

i got a bunch of heroes, classes are uniques
i have this idea for a sword, it might be cool : i'd basically like to have an item that, by levelling up along with its wielder, would increase the stats it boosts

in other words, do i have any other way than just having to create hundreds and hundreds of variants for each item? (max hero level is yet to be determined ~100's acceptable)

i thought i could make it happen with tinkering with the "add stat" to the base stats, but i surprisingly discovered an old trigger which was quite useful in like, 50% of my buff spells so meh i dont trust this thing

there you go, my cry for help
best regards, and thank you in advance for considering my issue!

Level 10
Cleanest way is definitely to do multiple item versions and just do a replacement. This has the benefit of having the tooltip on the item always be accurate for how much stats it grants.
  • Edit to add: If making a version for every level with a cap in the 100s seems daunting, maybe it doesn't scale every single level. Maybe there's a new item version every 5 levels, or every 10 levels. Whatever seems doable and reasonable for your game
An alternate way to do this would be with a hidden ability the hero has, with a periodic trigger to set the level of the ability to the level of the hero. Then the item essentially just becomes a dummy with a generic tooltip that says something like "Gain stats equal to N% of your hero level" without spelling out the exact value at the time.

Last edited:
Level 3
owouuuuu man i like your idea! haha been way too long without using the editor!
THANK YOU SO MUCH YOU'RE A GENIUS

edit : would you happen to know of any function that could change the armor type of a unit when paired to a buff?

edit 2 : also, how would one mark the thread as resolved please?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.