• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

AI Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay i am making a map similar to Vampirism. In my map the vampires are just a large number of bots however. The issue is that at the moment here is a trigger which periodically sends the Vampires to attack-move to random points in the map. The problem is that with the cliffs and trees the vampires will simply stand there and attempt to walk up the cliff FOREVER.

If there is any way to fix this, please tell me (whether its an AI file or a different trigger or whatever).

This is very important and the last step in completing my map. Help is greatly appreciated and i will definitely give rep and credits if you help.

Level 2
Only thing I can suggest is specify which areas on the map the vampires want to go, add a lot of these locations, and put them in random order, so the player cannot predict where the vampire might attack-move next. Although its just a suggestion.

Level 13
i don´t know but i think moving to random point is stupid.....

you could add some dead pathing blockers and than order them to move there

Actions
Set POINT = (Position of (Random destructible in (Playable map area) matching ((Destructible-type of (Matching destructible)) Equal to <dead pathing blocker>)))
move (vampire) to point
Custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_FIXLAGS)

do you want to make vamps play instead players?

btw im editing vampirism (darkness) so i think i could help you with almost anything on you map if you need

Status
Not open for further replies.