• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI forum

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
idk what was up with the subject. I didnt write that. o well. I was wondering if someone could post up a general AI tutorial explaining what the things in the AI editor does and how to create a simple AI. I was suprised there wasnt a stick of it. just thought it was needed in this forum.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
There are many types of AI.
Type 1. The standard mellee AI's which are good for making AI that can build a varity of buildings and manage armys' in a normal mellee style map.
Type 2. The advanced AMAI* (name might be wrong) which is used to make stronger melee AI capable of using more advanced melee systems.
Type 3. The Solo hero AI which is used in RPGs, dotas, and Areans and is made only of triggers.
Type 4. Same as type 1 but has triggers to help cordnate and counter oponents like used in Blizard's monoliths.
Type 5. (Expermintal) A combo of types 3 and 4 which might be impossiable but will allow the use in unique style maps like battlefield 2, and rise of china.
Type 6. DUMB AI which is used to do stuff as simple as cast impale on a target every attack to something as complex as making a tower every [X] distance.
Type 7. Freehand AI which only uses triggers and is used to run advanced trigger created effects like in the mini games of many maps.

Theses are the basic types of AI I can think of and most maps can use atleast 1 type.

I might make a tutorial on how to make/use each type but that depends on time.

Level 6
Chaosarmy said:
idk what was up with the subject. I didnt write that. o well. I was wondering if someone could post up a general AI tutorial explaining what the things in the AI editor does and how to create a simple AI. I was suprised there wasnt a stick of it. just thought it was needed in this forum.
'
The thing why there isn't such tutorial is because the AI editor is very limited and the AI API in common.ai is pretty sucky. AI scripts are the least developed part of Warcraft III and they are plagued by strange bugs. All these things have turned developers away from making AIs.

Status
Not open for further replies.