• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI for Vampirism Beast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hey guys. i've been playing Vampirism Beast with mates basically every day for the last month. lol.

It's a great game. the one part where it lacks is with AI... there is none.

Would anyone be able to create AI for Vampirism beast. Preferably vampires. but would love AI human builders aswell

Heres the link

http://vampirismbeast.com/

Thanks if anyone can help.

DamianB

Level 2
Kodo Tag is a map, you win if the timer expires (you have 2700 seconds to win), but, depending on the difficulty, kodo's (computer units) spawns at center of the map and they find you and try to kill you...the point is that it uses AI to find you =).

Level 1
Hah, found this randomly and I figured I'd chime in here. Yeah, I'm the real M2tM

Anyway, Vamp Beast AI would be kinda tough to add, but it has the bonus of having clearly defined bases... The range of items available and the human hunting/base killing would be tough to manage, but if anyone is up to it that would be cool with me. If you can show me a significant proof of concept I would be entirely willing to release the AI with official releases and include you in the credits/give you admin/custom skin.

Level 4
Kodo Tag is a map, you win if the timer expires (you have 2700 seconds to win), but, depending on the difficulty, kodo's (computer units) spawns at center of the map and they find you and try to kill you...the point is that it uses AI to find you =).

Kodo tag AI is simple.

"Order kodo[for loop integer A] to Attack Move position of PlayerBuilder[Math - Random number between 1 and number of players matching (matching player slot status equal to is playing)"

It just repeats that every now and then.

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
In this case the AI would be stupider than usual. For proper AI you need to define all base locations. It would randomly check base locations for a while untill it finds someone or a certian time expires, then it would detect where peoples bases are and hunt only those spots.

To make the AI better and not just die to normal traps, some kind of average damage system to detech how long it will live so as to predict wheather to retreat or not is needed.

The easiest way would be that when at low HP, a potion of devine shield is used to stop it dieing, but with limated charges.

AI in WC3 can not match proper AI sadly.

Level 1
*cough* bullshit

If you had made it you would let other people use it. You're just very talentless and feel the need to make yourself feel better ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.