• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[AI] AI for TD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I am attempting to edit the AI for my TD map, so that when heroes run through a set path and when they are constantly bombarded, they wont run back to their "base". I have tried a few things but to no avail. I tried editing the game play constants, which helped, but it wasn't enough to get them allthe way through. Then I tried using AI commands like "ignore unit guard position". Still didn't work. Then I looked at the AI editor and found some interesting check boxes on the left hand side that I think may fix my problem, but I can't figure out how to implement it into my map, any help will be greatly appreciated!

Level 3
In Towerdefense's pathing you don't has actual AI (unless i am misinformed that one does) but you use a series of triggers that activate when they enter certain regions that orders then to another one and so on for more info go to maps.worldofwar.netp and in the Tutorials section they go in detail about how to make a TD and pathing

Heres a basic td pathing code
Code:
Event - Unit enters Region X
Conditon - Owner of Entering Unit = Neutral Hostile
Action - Order Entering Unit to Region Z

X is the spawning region and Z is the next region of pathing[/url]

Level 6
oh yes, that is what I do have. But when I make orders to move the unit. The AI disrupts that order, and orders the unit to "reteat" back to the last designated gaurdspot (this is what I think at least) and I have not been able to fix the problem. Once the unit is ordered a certain distance, or is attacked alot, it ignores the move commands i gave it and juts runs home.

Level 2
The Neutral Hostile player has a special build-in AI
that can't be disabled, as far as I know.
So you have to rethink your map :(

Level 6
yeah, thats what I was affraid of. I am just gunna have to use a player slot or something like that, how unfortunate, because then the teams will be all whack. hmmm I may have to do a whole make over. Unless, I can figure out a way to remove control from a player's unit without changing ownership.

Status
Not open for further replies.