• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ai doesn t work

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 26
I made an AI for my custom team, imported the units, made all the commands, exported the ai ,put it into the import manager etc etc... put it into my map and now it doesn t work. It appears as player 3 ( not his name) ans does nothing. Pls help me. i would show the map but idk how
'

Last edited:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
AI can only be started for computer players. When testing the map player 3 was specified to be non participating. To fix this one enabled Fixed Player Settings which forces player 3 to be a Computer.

The AI file path is the path to the AI file, including any folders it is located in.

I have attached the map with the above fixes applied. When testing from World Editor player 3 will now correctly start building stuff and even help defend player 1 from the neutral hostiles that immediately attack.

Attachments

• Null maria.w3x
    1.1 MB · Views: 21

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer
Level 69
I need all the AI files .ai and .wai to be able to load the .wai in the AI editor and check for any issues there.

EDIT: actually it works for player 2. Gonna see what's going on.
Actually no. The blue player starts mining regardless if it has an AI script or not. And running the Octavian script on Sebastian's player doesn't make workers start mining either.
Switched p2 with p3 and p3 with p4. Nothing is happening anymore. For some reason beyond player 2 the computer player becomes null.

EDIT2: Solved!

This was the issue
ai02.png
ai01.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.