• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

AI computer player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Do you have that player set to Computer, or just a blank player slot? For computer player, you need to allow that player and set it's controller to Computer. (Use Lock player settings in Player Group page)
If it doesn't work, or you have already done that, you will have to to run AI scripts for that player. If you want the player to act like Neutral Hostile, just create an empty AI script, import it in your map and use "AI - Run Custom AI script".

Level 14
The controller is computer.I guess I must do the AI thing but can you explain me step by step.I go to AI editor, then I make blank AI then what?
AI - Run Custom AI script is this in the triggers becouse I don't have it.
Anyway isnt there a way to use the AI from the neutral hostle?

Level 12
You could try using standart-game AI scripts "Melee game - Run AI".
If that doesn't work (the AI moves units or anything else), you need to create your custom AI.
Just go to the AI editor. It creates new AI on start, just rename it, delete everything in "Attacking" tab, and use File -> Add to map.
Then use "AI - Start Campain AI Script" and put in the name (including import path)

Level 23
Enemies will always cast spells automatically if their current order wont prevent it. Ill explain what I mean.

A unit stands still, doing nothing should cast spells automatically, if not check the abilities, the techtree and such.
A unit issued to move will never cast spells and never attack.
A unit issued to patrol might cast autocast spells but never the other ones.
A unit issued to attack-move will cast all its spells. If it doesn't it is probably because the ability is changed (example using an ability based on channel).

Level 14
You could try using standart-game AI scripts "Melee game - Run AI".
If that doesn't work (the AI moves units or anything else), you need to create your custom AI.
Just go to the AI editor. It creates new AI on start, just rename it, delete everything in "Attacking" tab, and use File -> Add to map.
Then use "AI - Start Campain AI Script" and put in the name (including import path)

Well I tested this way on blank map and it does work.But when I try it on my map which is not melee again no casting.Anyway I will stick with the neutral hostle till I get it done.
PS. Eccho I am not that dumb ;) and only enemies marked as neutral hostle cast spells automaticaly when in battle. That's my problem I want a computer player to cast spells automaticaly when in a battle, so far no succes.They cast with AI on a blank map but for some reason not on mine...

Status
Not open for further replies.