• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Adventurer's Boon backstories...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Yeah, this is for my project, but I'm REALLY not sure if I should post such information here.

EDIT: A link to the map (or map portion, since the scanner's not big enough for a decent map): Adventurer's Boon Map

So first things first. I guess I'll introduce the two "known" countries here, and introduce the rest during the campaign. Here's a google doc I wrote for this, though I CnP'd rewrote it below:
Alestra
Flag
Alestra's flag is a golden crown, or castle, on a bright blue field. The shape of the flag is usually pentagonal, with the left and right sides parallel.

Common race
Humans - Mostly caucasian. Magic is, of course, a rare gift, though many places consider it a curse, and the user evil.

Government
It's said that the government is a monarchy, who is helped by a council. Unfortunately, not many people see the ruler of this country. The official seal is unknown to most commoners.

Economy
While its economy appears to be doing well, it is actually quite laughable at best. This is because many farms and businesses are going out of business due to the high taxes that beautify the capitol city. That, and the war with Borlis doubled the taxes to pay for mercenaries and new recruits.

Military
Although predominantly male, recent changes in the laws have allowed women to fight as well, provided they can prove they are barren.

Alestra is proud of its well trained foot-soldiers, who march in lines and polish their armor. Don't underestimate them though: a soldier is still a soldier.

Recent News:
  • The Royal Academy has discovered a major mistake in most of the early maps and charts dipicting the continent. Work is being done to correct these mistakes and update important figures with the necessary information.
  • Authorities report that settlements on the western eastern side of the country have been losing members at an alarming rate. Settlers apparantly left in a hurry, as fireplaces are still lit, but there have been no signs of struggling, or looting. As such, local military has constructed a palisade, code-named "Fort Delta", where they will continue their investigation. The source of the disappearances is still unknown.
    • Military leaders in the War against the pirate country of Borlis have called a cease-fire in order to deal with the recent disappearances in the west east. How long the cease-fire lasts is unknown, as Borlis' infantry are big fans of Guerilla tactics.
  • Sir Ronald Desagry has offered a large purse to anyone who can return his missing daughters to him safely. Daughters of a Knight though, should not be taken too easily, as they were reported to have trained behind their father's back. Whether the two were kidnapped or ran away is still unknown at this point.

Borlis
Flag
Borlis' flag is a black fist on a deep scarlet field. It is usually shaped in a vertical rectangle or trapezoid. Some flag collectors will prize a battle-torn flag over a freshly sewn flag.

Common race
Humans - Mostly caucasian. Magic is, of course, a rare gift, though many places consider it a curse, and the user evil.

Government
King Borlis' castle in the mountains is more of a military stronghold than his home, and as such, is only visited by him during wars, or as an inspection. He is loved by the people and will often consult the merchants and farmers for advice and information on recent happenings.

Economy
While Borlis' size has diminished due to the war with Alestra, it is still able to hold its own. Its primary market is the fishing industry, though the recent appearance of a "ghost ship" has hampered production, and all but scared away the fish.

Military
The military is strictly male, though a few women have hidden themselves in the ranks. Strong and smart, Borlis isn't one to mess with.

Borlis is fighting a losing fight against Alestra, and the "ghost ship" along the coast doesn't help things either.

Recent News:
  • The explorers King Boris hired have returned from the northern mountain range. Their reports and stories have been kept hush-hush, though if you buy one of 'em enough drinks...
  • Borlis' naval fleet was all but decimated by an unknown cause. Fishermen claim they have seen a ghostly vessel in the morning fog, and wreckage continues to scatter the beaches...
    • Military leaders in the War against the idiot country of Alestra have called a cease-fire in order to deal with the recent "ghost ship" along the coast. How long the cease-fire lasts is unknown, as Alestra's infantry are big fans of Guerilla tactics.
  • Gary the fisherman recently discovered how not to spit into the wind. Good for him.

EDIT: I got it! I can use the war to drop the player in the action! And maybe if I have a branching paths sort of story.... >:3

Comments/criticism/help would be appreciated.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.