• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advent of Shadow (WC3 Expansion)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Ten years after the crowning of Arthas the Lich King, something stirs deep within Azeroth. A warship of unknown allegiance was spotted off the coast of Kalimdor, and days later Night Elven fishing villages were destroyed. People thought the Scourge was firing up again but yet, something is wrong. Survivors recount the tale of elven figures wearing armor of black and crimson, of spikes of pure dark metal emerging from the ground. All of them survived only because they were given the freedom to live. This new enemy, is relentless.

Basically this story is known as the Advent of Shadow and it details the rise of the race known as the Dark Elves. The campaign will start off in a human village named Ler. The village is attacked but they manage to barely fend this new foe off. Even more startling, they captured one of the ships many leaders. The player will ultimately play as that figure.

One mission will be the attack of Ler and you will gain access to the common attack units of the dark elves. The second mission will detail his escape from the prison by aide of dark elven females called Elthritchs. The third mission will detail their place in the world and add much more plot while playing in a fast paced style. The fourth will feature the mysterious continent of Aeos of which they originated from. The fifth will be a pilot for a second campaign.

Obviously this project will be intense so thats why I need very certain people. Why I may be planning this is simple, WC3 leaves it all hanging in TFT allowing others to possibly fill the gap in. Of course I estimate I will need these kinds of people.

Terrainer(s): What will we play on?
Modeller(s):These people are maybe not as important but still valuable assets.
Triggerers(s): We need triggerers of all kinds to make this campaign a SUCCESS
Cinematic(s):Story can't be told without these guys.
Testers: Essential.
Race Design/Redesign: Very useful because of a completely new Tech tree.
Balancers/Bug Fixers: People who fix any problems with gameplay balance or bugs.

This will not end up as WC4, it's just a little expansion type thing that can be done. And WoW, while although fun, is an atrophy and an anathema to the Lore of Warcraft.

Status
Not open for further replies.