• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Shadows of Asayamon] WIP Campaign

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 24
Shadows of Asayamon

After some weeks of work, the first screenshots of the upcoming wc3tft custom campaign Shadows of Asaymon are launched, along with information about the campagin itself. The plot of the campagin is one similiar to that of the original warcraft series itself, the Orcish horde has launched an attack upon the unsuspecting magical elven kingdom of Nar'Avan, the orcs almost succeeded in finishing of the elves, but the surviving elves fled to the human nation of Asayamon, and pleaded that to the human king that he'd send his elite knights to put an and to the ferocious beasts and end their reign of terror, King Agaman believed the elves and was quick to send Grand Marshal Trollbuk and his elite forces, they did all but succeed...

Featuring advanced dialogs, cool attitudes and betrayals, Shadows of Asayamon will be worked on alot the coming weeks and the creators hope to release a demo, featuring the first map soon. Screenshots from the first mission can be found below. Please post your thoughts about terraining and such regarding the screenshots, but also post eventual idéas about the storyline and/or gameplay.

Screens from left to right:
1st: Asayamon encampment, not much of the once mighty army remains, parts do, however, in camps such as these.
2nd: An orcish beastiary guarded by trolls and raiders.
3rd: Detailed mountain.
4th: Fountain corrupted by dark warlock magics, surronded by, creepy terrain.
scr2.jpgscr3.jpgscr4.jpgscr1.jpg

Authors:
Linaze (Triggers, Jass)
Emzeror (Terraining, Design)

Last edited:
Level 24
It's great to see both your comments, I personally like this kind of "blizzard" style terrain. (Though in my opinion better than blizzards at some places) It's fun to see that you see forward to the campaign, thanks for the nice comments.

Level 1
ragingspeedhorn, thanks for your comment. My goal is not really to make it look like Blizzard style, since I think it basically sucks. My own goal is to make it look realistic and not Warcraft III style. This is my first "serious" project, so some feedback what should be changed would be appreciated really much.

Warlord_HU, thanks for the nice feedback :) -- It will only turn out better later in the campaign, since my own skills at "designing / terraining" will improve alot, currently I would pretty much call myself beginner at it, since as mentioned above, this is my first real project.

Hope to have the first level ready in some days so you can test it and check it out for yourselves. Then again, I would appreciate heavy feedback, both negative and positive.

And remember only negative feedback will cause us to end.
Only positive will cause us to never improve.

And kids don't play with fire.

Level 1
Two fast question for you fellows.

- What do you rather see as preview, the prologue or the first map?
- Would you prefer voices in the first map or not?

Thanks in advance for taking time and considering these options. A first release will be avaible this week for those that are intressted. A more detailed lore will also be written later.

Why we want to launch a preview is too make sure that our work is good enough to be posted at all, else we will dump the project and try do something better.

Why drink and drive when you can smoke and fly.

Level 1
Nevermind this campaign, abanonded project.

Working on a new version of it, hate to design in snow! :mad:

Fly high with LSD airways.

Status
Not open for further replies.