• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Warcraft IV - Wrath of Shadows
Warcraft IV - WOS is a new mod for warcraft III The Frozen Throne, which will features new campaigns that will continue the warcraft storyline, new units, new races and new gameplay feature including naval battles.

Storyline :
Note : The storyline of warcraft IV will begin ten year after that arthas, under the Ner'zhul's influence, merged with him, creating the new Lich King.
Prologue : Shadow on Outland
Race : Illidaris
In the dark, shadowy lands of Shadowmoon Valley, a group of Blood Elves established an outpost there. After some days, scouts reported that strange humanoids creatures that were never seen on Outland have built a base nearby. The Captain decided to send messengers to report back to Lord Illidan.
Missions
Introduction Cinematic : Unexpected Guests
Screen Fades and then camera pan to a Blood Elf outpost. Workers are reinforcing the towers and the barricades and Guards are watching them.
The captai is in his tent, talking with two of his men, when suddently a guard enter and say "Captains, two of the scouts you sent to explore the areas have returned but... They are wounded and said that the other were slain."
The Captain, surprised, said "Slain ? By Who?"
But, the guard replied " It seems that some humanoid creatures have attacked them, these beings were never seen before in Outland, they said"
Anxious, the captain went to see these two scouts. The captain asked them about what happened and they replied "We were patrolling on the north, when we heard strange sounds, we decided to look and then we saw these creatures that were contructing a base. They saw us and attacked us. They outnumbered us and killed us, but we managed to escape. Now, they are preparing to attack our camp, we have no chance to resist them !"
The captain replied "Hmmm....We will send messengers to alert Lord Illidans and demand reinforcements, and you shall accompagny them."
After one day, the camptain heard one of his guard shouting "WE'RE UNDER ATTACK !"
The captain saw these beings attacking the camp and slaying his soldiers with ease. As few of his warriors were still alive, he shouted "RETREAT !".
Camera pan to a group of soldiers that were fleeing, including the captain. Then screens fade and the Warcraft IV's logo appear

Campaign 1 : Fall of the Horde
Race : Orcs
In Durotar, after the death of Thrall, the warchiefs of the differents Orcish Clans started to fight to become the new warchiefs of the Horde and the differents orcish Clans started to fight againt themselves for dominations. The Frostwolves and the Warsong tried to re-unite the Horde and convince them to stop the slaughter...
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 2 Part 1 : The Shadowborne
Race : Illidaris
While the Blood Elves were assieging the Acuriens in Shadowmoon Valley they sensed a dark magic coming from the portal and decided to explore the planet. They succeded at traveling the portal and started exploring the planet and they found a temple with a strange architecture, they entered it and then, in the deeps of the temple they found a strange glowing artifact which seems to hold powerful black magics. The groups of Blood Elves tried to absorb its power, they succeded but they changed...
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 3 : The Prophety
Race : Night Elves
The Night Elves' campaign will be revealed later...
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 2 Part 2 :
Race : Shadowborne
The Second Part of the Shadowborne's campaign will be revealed later
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 4 : N/A
Race : Humans
The Humans' campaign is undecided at the moment
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 2 Part 3 :
Race : Shadowborne
The Third Part of the Shadowborne's campaign will be revealed later
Missions
To be revealed

Campaign 5 : ??
Race : Scourge
The Scourge's campaign will be revealed later...
Missions
To be revealed

Races :
Warcraft IV will features 2 new races, the Shadowborne and the Illidaris. Also, each already existing class will be changed to bring a new way of gaming. There will be also some Mini-races playable in the campaign or Creeps Race, that I will explain later.
Alliance
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Horde
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :
Sub-Races (Campaigns)
Frostowlves and Warsong Clan
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Night Elves
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Scourge
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Illidaris

Gameplay :
Illidaris, instead of other races, use two workers, the Naga Slave, which is better at harvesting lumber and the Architect, which build Illidaris' structures. The Architect build structure normally, likes the Humans. The Naga Slave also harvest gold like Peons and Peasants but the Illidari's townhall have an ability that link it to the goldmine gaining X gold each X seconds.
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Shadowborne
Gameplay :
Units :
Buildings :
Heroes :
Items Buyables :
Upgrades :

Updates :

[8/4/2010] No Updates done
[9/4/2010] Features Section Changed and Prologue's Introduction Cinematic Revealed. Polls Section added and Team's section improved
[10/4/2010] Try to guess what I'm gonna reveal tommorow ?

Remember to check daily updates. They can be small updates or very large one. Who know ?
Polls :
What are Polls?
Sometime, when I when to ask you, those who follow this thread, I post a poll in the Warcraft Talk forum and you, people, reply and give feedbacks. Until I get my own forum, but that won't happen before a long time ;)
Current Polls :
None
Features :
Warcraft IV will features big improvement that weren't in warcraft III RoC and Warcraft III TFT, including naval battles and Islands Map.
A fishing system is also included, which allows player to get food with another way. Fishing Ships are buildable at each race specific's shipyard, these ships can take control of a bunch of fishes (1 per ship) and stay there. If the player moves the ship or if the ship is destroyed, the food bonus is cancelled.

Three construction menu will be avalaible for each race, containing three sub-race building (Orc, Trolls and Tauren for Horde)
Also, Townhall buildings will be no longer upgradeables. Instead, three type of upgrade that can be leveled up to level 4 are possible for each race (Trolls Upgrade, Orc Upgrades and Tauren Upgrade for the Horde :) ) that will unlock new units for each sub-race. When every upgrade have reached level 3, only one of them can be upgraded to level 4, unlocking unique units and 2 heroes.
Team & Recruitement :
Leaders :
Sabrio :
Role : Leader/Terrainer/Ideas/Story

Members :
Hex.16 :
Role : Terrainer/Spells
Farmer_Ahab :
Role : Story Idealist/??
Undead.Cow :
Role : ??

Green = Avalaible
Orange = Idle
Red = No Idea of where they are
Grey = They MAY join the team (They proposed to help me)

If you want to help me in the project, send a private message or leave a message in the thread or in my profile. If, instead you just want to give an idea, you could post it here.
I accept anyone on the team, if he can do at least something (Terraining, Music, Modelling, Cinematic...) and give me an example of his work. Experienced Modeller that can do animations and Textures are the most needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.