• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Shockwave [Paladon] + Documentation

This bundle is marked as useful / simple. Simplicity is bliss, low effort and/or may contain minor bugs.
Shockwave
The hero releases a powerful shockwave to damage and knock all unit in its way back.
Level 1 - 75 damage & 100 knockback distance.
Level 2 - 130 damage & 200 knockback distance.
Level 3 - 200 damage & 300 knockback distance.

This Spell was a request by Igor_Z.

I added an above-average documentation about nearly every single step how to create this spell.
Enjoy.
~Paladon

*Corrected a small typo.
*Merged the two categories.
*Fixed a (blizzard) bug.
*Added two lines of documentation since i got asked about a specific issue.
*Added the original readme files of the Knockback System since it´s often used.

Keywords:
Knockback, Shockwave, Orc, Power, Slam, Fight, Battle, War, Hit, Axe, Club,
Contents

GUI Knockback System [Paladon] (Map)

Reviews
Rejecting due to the status of this resource being "needs fix" for years. Advanced Shockwave | Reviewed by Maker | 14th Jun 2013 NEEDS FIX Unit groups for other than for indexes 0 and 1 do not exist nor are they created at any...
Level 2
I was just woundering while reading this, you say the condition step avoids a bug, distance between shockwave pont 1 and 2 less then 100. then set shockwave angle = faceing of triggering unit, else set shockwave angle = angle of shockwave point 1 to 2.

so i was thinking, is the bug related to the shockwave angle being unable to be calculated between point 1 and 2 with less then 100 range.

lol i've also learned alot from your trigger in just the few minutes i've been looking at it, i have no training with codeing and just learning as i go, found out what arrays are from this and alot of other types of varibles, up till now i've only used the integer with basic additions and subractions.

is there a place or guide to find more information on more advanced parts of GUI triggering, like your custom script has call RemoveLocation, and udg_ seems like a classifcation of some kind. i don't know any of the commands.

Last edited:
Level 2
This spell is really great... but I have to ask... Units behind the caster are also knocked back if they get too close. Anyways, there's no problem with that but my point is... they're not part of the ones hit by the shockwave.
(anyways, there's no problem if it just happens to me. Just wanted to tell you)

I'll try using your knockback system because it's great! I'll give credits.

Level 1
when i use it in my own map, there is a building:)eekani:) going west of the spells start point.. :O
how to fix this problem and is it common?

Level 3
I think that the action : Set JDA_LevelOfAbility = (Level of Shockwave) for (Triggering unit)) in the trigger Shockwave1 should be changed for : Set JDA_LevelOfAbility = (Level of ability being cast) for (Triggering unit)) for easier importing. Anyways minor change for a awesome system :p

Level 2
Paladon, omg...
You're awesome, nothing else...
I love all of Your spells, I love that You're a GUI creator... (I hate JASS, because I can do nothing in JASS xP)
Keep working at Your totally awesome triggered spells, I'm Your fan!

Level 5
Soooo many variables for 1 spell that even dont do dmg in triggers... oh 1 time enemy got knocked but didn't take dmg so haha!!!

simple shit move invisible unit woth shock wave and every 0.2 sec put enemys in range to unit group and dmg them or knock.

Oh i cant pick faster then 0.4 sec units to unit group in GUI i mean trigger is slow and sometimes skip something... :vw_wtf:

Level 5
The "removeLoc" custom scripts are for removing memory leaks, more about leaks here

Udg_ is used before variables or something xD

i know you put some space to variable (rams) and custom script removes it? who cares if you use that variable thousand times you overwrite stuff, you cant remove rams with custom script i mean look at ALT+CTRL+DEL can you remove rams used on wc3? noooo

Level 7
Mrhm, downloaded it, it works in original map, but when i copied all integers, triggers and stuff into my map, it didnt work..
as far as my noobish triggering spells can tell it bugs on very last trigger "get knockback", part of trigger with condition "KB_CountBuffs equal to 0" turns off the trigger and knocking back doesnt happen.
But ive got no idea why it doesnt work or whatsoever, i copied it, used shockwave spell, and... nothing :D but when i added trigger "Game Message to all players: 1,2,3..." after every action, ones after that "turn off" one didnt respond.

blahblah nobody can understand me anyway :D