• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Advanced Gold Harvesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
I wish to know, if there is a way to Increase the amount of gold workers can harvest just for simply having a Tier 2 Hall, and then again for a Tier 3 Hall?

This would be upgraded automatically, and then if destroyed, they would loose this upgrade.
I guess I would have to use an aura from the t2 hall, t3 hall?

In a nut shell, workers Harvest gold by:
  • Tier 1 Hall - 10 Gold
  • Tier 2 Hall - 15 Gold
  • Tier 3 Hall - 20 Gold

If I expand it would start off with a tier 1 hall, thus only getting +10 Gold rate, while my main base would gather at +15/+20 depending on the correct Tier Hall, so this would not be a one time perm upgrade. This upgrade could be taken away as well.

I been trying to figure this all day and I am starting to wonder if this is even possible.

Level 5
I wish to know, if there is a way to Increase the amount of gold workers can harvest just for simply having a Tier 2 Hall, and then again for a Tier 3 Hall?

This would be upgraded automatically, and then if destroyed, they would loose this upgrade.
I guess I would have to use an aura from the t2 hall, t3 hall?

In a nut shell, workers Harvest gold by:
  • Tier 1 Hall - 10 Gold
  • Tier 2 Hall - 15 Gold
  • Tier 3 Hall - 20 Gold

If I expand it would start off with a tier 1 hall, thus only getting +10 Gold rate, while my main base would gather at +15/+20 depending on the correct Tier Hall, so this would not be a one time perm upgrade. This upgrade could be taken away as well.

I been trying to figure this all day and I am starting to wonder if this is even possible.
You can try this: Create Workers for every level for example Tier 1 Hall - Worker 1 with the abillity Harvest [Gold-Lumber] and the amount of gold and lumber you want units to harvest. In Tier 2 Hall - Worker 2 with the same abillity different amount the same for third tier. The only thing you have to do is to Copy the main worker 2 times so you have 3 Different workers each for every tier and then you copy the abillity Harvest 2 times change the amounts and you are ready. Then you can make a trigger which says Tier 1 Hall dies or sth else remove Worker 1 or you just make a trigger which upgrade the Worker 1 to Worker 2 if you upgrade your town hall

Level 16
You can try this: Create Workers for every level for example Tier 1 Hall - Worker 1 with the abillity Harvest [Gold-Lumber] and the amount of gold and lumber you want units to harvest. In Tier 2 Hall - Worker 2 with the same abillity different amount the same for third tier. The only thing you have to do is to Copy the main worker 2 times so you have 3 Different workers each for every tier and then you copy the abillity Harvest 2 times change the amounts and you are ready. Then you can make a trigger which says Tier 1 Hall dies or sth else remove Worker 1 or you just make a trigger which upgrade the Worker 1 to Worker 2 if you upgrade your town hall
I'm not sure that would work, I'd be using the same peasants or would have to swap them out every time I upgraded my tier just to have the better miners.

Level 16
You could use chaos ability on these workers, hopefully it wouldn't interrupt orders.
That's exactly what would happen if there was a que for build orders, but not for harvest orders.

I'm try to come up with something more down to earth rather then fooling the mechanics to rigg it to work.
Something like
  • Human Keep
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes an upgrade
    • Conditions
      • (Current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) for (Owner of (Triggering unit))) Less than 2
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Keep
    • Actions
      • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 1 for (Owner of (Triggering unit))
Problem is this would effect ALL units, and I want it to effect according to what gold mine per tier hall of the localized units (in this case workers only).
Changing units via invisible upgrade would cause issues. Build ques would fail, units would stop during production, and harvesting units would start harvest over if they were mid harvest. (ie: Lumber harvesters mid harvest would start back at 0 Lumber harvested). I have tried all of this already, thus why I think it isn't possible, however I could of swore I seen it done in Warcraft maps before.

PS - I specialize in the Object editor but completely new to the trigger editor. And don't get me started with Jass, I got "fail" all over my face when I try to use that. Give it time though. I'll get used to them soon-ish

Level 12
Chaos Ability does not interrupt orders.

(I just tested this. Here's my test map: https://www.mediafire.com/?pv4woxxz0oa5g3g)

I don't know how to make the upgraded unit initially unavailable for training without triggers/Scenario Properties, though.

EDIT: Of course, this isn't exactly what you wanted, but I'm just showing you that Chaos Ability does in fact not interrupt orders. I'll work on what you want shortly. =)

Last edited:
Level 12
This is of course inefficient, but do with it what you will. No credit needed. =)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9cc3g3tp5hx3ctw/ChaosTestMap2.w3x

This map (Should) do exactly what you're wanting.

When the player has a tier 1 town hall, the gold and lumber harvested will be 10.
When they have a tier 2 town hall, it will be 20.
For 3, 30.

If the player does not have a Tier 2 or 3, it will revert to 10.
If they do not have a tier 3, it will revert to 20.

Adjust the Gold/Lumber amount to your liking.

You will have to do the leak checking yourself, but the basic trigger is done. Also, be sure that if you move this to your map, set the availability of the custom units. Either through triggers, or through Scenario->TechTree Properties.

Last edited:
Level 16
This is of course inefficient, but do with it what you will. No credit needed. =)

http://www.mediafire.com/download/9cc3g3tp5hx3ctw/ChaosTestMap2.w3x

This map (Should) do exactly what you're wanting.

When the player has a tier 1 town hall, the gold and lumber harvested will be 10.
When they have a tier 2 town hall, it will be 20.
For 3, 30.

If the player does not have a Tier 2 or 3, it will revert to 10.
If they do not have a tier 3, it will revert to 20.

Adjust the Gold/Lumber amount to your liking.

You will have to do the leak checking yourself, but the basic trigger is done. Also, be sure that if you move this to your map, set the availability of the custom units. Either through triggers, or through Scenario->TechTree Properties.
Awesome, does it effect only the peasents around that specific gold mine though, that's what I been looking for.

Edit: downloading and checking :)
Edit2: After looking I think you misunderstood what i was wanting to do. Thank you so so much for trying though. This method you did can be done with one unit. unit availability change is not needed. (see post #5)

What I am looking for is going to take an aura buff from the town halls themselves. Unfortunately I don't think this can be done. So far no one has been able to make it happen.
Basically, a "town Hall/tree of life" would give no aura buff. a Keep/Stronghold" would give off a +5 extra gold Mining aura, and a "Castle/Fortress" would give off +10 extra gold Mining aura.
This is because when the person would expand, his expansion would not be getting the +5 or +10 because they do not have a Keep/Stronghold or Castle/Fortress at THAT specific location.

Instead of using "Unit availability" for idea your explaining, just use a trigger and add a copy of the advanced lumber ability. when someone would upgrade to t2, auto research this buff to rank 1, and rank 2 once they have upgraded to t3. if they loose those, use another trigger to unresearch this.
  • Dest Human Castle
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Dies
    • Conditions
      • Or - Any (Conditions) are true
        • Conditions
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Castle
          • (Unit-type of (Dying unit)) Equal to Keep
    • Actions
      • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
        • If - Conditions
          • (Number of living Castle units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
        • Then - Actions
          • If (All Conditions are True) then do (Then Actions) else do (Else Actions)
            • If - Conditions
              • (Number of living Keep units owned by Player 1 (Red)) Equal to 0
            • Then - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 0 for (Owner of (Dying unit))
            • Else - Actions
              • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 1 for (Owner of (Dying unit))
        • Else - Actions
          • Player - Set the current research level of Improved Gold Harvesting (Keep) to 2 for (Owner of (Dying unit))

Last edited:
Level 12
Oh, to do what you want to do just pick all units on map, check if they have a specific buff, that would be given off by the aura, then remove the original harvest ability and add your own. xD!

Then check if a unit does not have the buff, and if they don't then remove your harvest ability and add the original back.

(You'll also have to check if the unit is the worker you want)

Aura's leave the buff on the unit for 3-4 seconds even after the aura no longer exists, though.

The problem with "Set Current Research Level" is that you CANNOT go back on the Research. If a Research level is already 3, you CANNOT revert it back to 2 or 1. It stays 3 for the rest of the game.

Last edited:
Level 16
Oh, to do what you want to do just pick all units on map, check if they have a specific buff, that would be given off by the aura, then remove the original harvest ability and add your own. xD!

Then check if a unit does not have the buff, and if they don't then remove your harvest ability and add the original back.

(You'll also have to check if the unit is the worker you want)

Aura's leave the buff on the unit for 3-4 seconds even after the aura no longer exists, though.

The problem with "Set Current Research Level" is that you CANNOT go back on the Research. If a Research level is already 3, you CANNOT revert it back to 2 or 1. It stays 3 for the rest of the game.
Well, snap :(

Status
Not open for further replies.