1. Music Contest #10 - Results are finally published! Drop by to check some retro songs and congratulate the winners!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Join Terraining Contest #19 and witness the aftermath!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 3rd Melee Mapping Contest is ON! Join in on a ride of a 4v4 melee experience!
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The 30th edition of the Modeling Contest is finally up! The Portable Buildings need your attention, so come along and have a blast!
    Dismiss Notice

AditTechno's Musics 2017

Discussion in 'Sound / Music Art' started by AditTechno, Aug 14, 2017.

1. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Well, since the first AM thread is closed due to inactivity, now I currently having one year of experience, I'm going to update my songs starting from 2017 here (though not all of them)
    1. Powerless
    Powerless, I don't know what the genre is.
    2. AditTechno - Resistance
    Resistance, this is a short track, maybe Dubstep?
    3. Dark Path
    Dark Path, a Melodic Electro track.

These are my current 2017 tracks, my 7th contest entry won't be uploaded until the contest is finished, I'm out of ideas unlike previously, I can create an album consists of 13 songs in 2 months.

2. Devine

Devine

Resources:
    Resources:
    You underestimate the power of a good kickdrum. When I did EDM, I used a samplepack called Vengeance Drums.
    Your kicks don't have the definition and punch they need. Combine a good drum, some sidechaining on dark path, and you could get featured on edm.com, for instance.
    It's dance music after al, beats are important!

Cool stuff though, just the production can be improved.

Also @powerless, you'd be suprised how much difference a good reverb could make on that piano sound. I suggest you check that out also!

3. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You can ask for one of your threads to be reopened even by using the green Report button.

Powerless: as @Devine implied, this song doesn't have the necessary power it needs to impress your auditory senses. The melody needs a strong bass too.

Resistance:
    well, this one sounds like a demo. It has better drum and bass though.

Dark Path: hmm, this one is the best I think. It has better instrumentation, however it needs some tweaking/equalizing. The ending is well kind of staccato.

All in all, you need not hurry when making a song. It's a piece of art which requires dedication and time. Also, try to use more types of sounds/instruments and/or edit them. It can get repetitive on a audition frequency level to hear the same sounds in most songs.

4. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    The Future 2
    Here's also a track that is uploaded in 2017, this is just a remake of the #5 contest entry.

5. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
  6. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
  7. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Bump

I can no longer upload on SoundCloud, so I will upload it here as an attachment

Keep the Pressure - A Dubstep/Techno track that I used as an entry of my challenge against Brambleclaw.

Something Just Like This - A slight remake of Coldplay - Something Just Like This. I was just trying to experiment on this track.

Attached Files:

8. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    I've retired from music producing, but here are my last things for my music production. Desert Machine was my entry for 9th Music Contest, it's technically my last track ever, and the bottom one over there was just a test for making music besides from trance stuffs.

Attached Files:

9. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    It seems that I'm back to music producing.
    Here is a track that supposed to have vocals, but I just don't have a microphone to do it.

Attached Files:

10. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Fun fact:
    - If "The Future 2" did not exist, "Keep the Pressure" and "Desert Machine" wouldn't exist. Lucky it did, it really is a revolution of my music producing style.
    - If "this" song did not exist, I wouldn't even participate in Music Contest #9, as the core concept of Desert Machine came from "this" track.
    You know how disappointed I am when I lost the .flp file of "The Future 2". The core concepts of my next tracks actually came from there.
    But this one that I uploaded is the next one to succeed The Future 2's style (So dated, started the project in mid-December 2016. Even so, I might not continue "The Future" again. Well, I may if I have motivation...). This was made in November 20, 2017. Why I never uploaded it here? I was just super busy on Desert Machine, and then I abandoned this track when the only thing remaining is the "Ending". It's also because of the long recess (of demotivation) I did.
    This song has been left over that way with just the "ending" left, and I finally finished the ending with a lazy touch...
    Although, it brought a great influence to my next tracks, like Falling Light.
    Really love how this track turned out, because this track made me start using "Sytrus and GMS Combo". The Future 2 was pure "Sytrus and Slayer Combo". Desert Machine was a "Pure Sytrus" instrumentation (what's more, Stock Presets), except the drums.
    Enjoy my next tracks to come, by the way...

Attached Files:

11. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    This is made in September 30, 2017. I was just too lazy to finish this because this is too hard to make. I haven't improved at the time but since Keep the Pressure came out, that's when I improved.
    First time I make songs, I try to live up to my username, and I keep referencing other tracks.
    On SoundCloud, I have a song called "Pass Through", and that made me start making Ambient tracks.
    "The Future" made me step further and I can't live up to my username anymore.
    "The Future 2" uses reference in my own track, The Future. Because of that, most of my next tracks are heavily influenced on The Future 2. Why? I used an Electric Guitar preset for the first time, and it was really good. (Exception: Dark Path and Resistance)
    My last song when all the file still remained was "Sand Shifting", my 8th Music Contest entry. It was also influenced by The Future 2 because of the guitar.
    Then all my files are gone, I was damned.

Then I made this piece of trash, with none of my tracks as a reference. I thought I lose hope. I kept the track this way since then.
    Now, I have a couple of tracks that can be used as a reference.
    Check out my old SoundCloud if you don't know what I'm talking about.
    AditTechno

Attached Files:

12. deepstrasz

deepstrasz

Map Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    You should experiment with melodic lines too. Add more than two-three instruments (aside percussion and bass, I mean) and work on shifting between chord groups.

13. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Yes, it is. That was old, though. I already went ahead with instrumentation and I think I need more practice. Though for me adding another instrument that doesn't match the current note scale makes it messy for me. I think it's because yeah, I rely more on pads and usually my instruments must match the current sound of the pad.

14. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    Checked my SoundCloud account, and turns out that my most popular track is 4 Powers, back in 2016, when my experience was still less than 3 months. I didn't upload this track to SoundCloud but I uploaded this together with the others for my first album, Compose Room.
    Seriously, this track is mostly filled with looping sections (Yeah, that was my style back in the day)
    AditTechno - 4 Powers
    (P.S. I have to link, I already lost all my old tracks)
    I don't know, though, do you prefer to see an old style or a new style?

15. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:
    This song is used to challenge deepstrasz.

Attached Files:

16. AditTechno

AditTechno

Resources:
    Resources:

Western Journey (Vibrant Network version)
    This one has its mix improved and filled the empty build with a riser (Honestly, I just put a synth in a low note then slide it up).