• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Adding Pillage Aura

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have an abilty that adds the pillage abilty to any unit within range it's fellow trigger looks like this.

Events:
unit-A unit starts the effect of an ability.

Conditions:
Ability being cast equal to - Brigandage (my Aura.)

Actions:
Add abilty Brigandage(unit) to target of abilty being cast.

It does not work in game when I attack someone and I get no resources.

Level 4
...thats not very logical, unless im misunderstanding. so you have this spell thats basically an aura that gives surrounding units pillage? but you use "starts effect of ability" event... so is this an activated spell? =S

anyways pillage has techtree requirements. looks into that. If that somehow doesnt work, i would imagine that simply triggering pillage effects would be just as easy.
-> a unit attacks with pillage buff?:coolgrunt:

Level 32
Pillage Ability Considerations

Pillage is a unit ability with a techtree requirement.
If your custom "Brigandage" is based on pillage:
  1. Edit the field value Stats - Hero Ability
    Change this value to true. (If used by a hero.)

2. Edit the field value Techtree - Requirements
    Delete the Techtree requirement: Pillage.

Level 2
Maybe i can help.

First, mark the unit with aura as 'something' in var. Then...

Event
Unit came in range of (your aura radius) of "Something" (the variable)
Conditions
(Add conditions you wanted to add, as if Organic, non hero or whtever wit boolean comparison.)
Actions
Add Ability _Robbery_ (i mean this is your Pillage ability)

Fin! Not just that, if you can make the pillage ability for other units unseen without icon, it wuld be better!

Oh yeah, another thing.

Event
Unit come in range of (radii) + 1 of "something"
Action
Remove _Robbery_ from triggering unit

Tada! Fin e prestissimo! Mamamia!

Level 6
But if your skill is passive and not active, the "starts an effect of an ability" isn't logical, so you maybe want to it in this form:

EDIT: I did the map, only 5 minutes. And yep, It works in this form:

Brigandage
Events
Time - Every 0.50 seconds of game time
Conditions
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 700.00 of (Position of Tauren Chieftain 0000 <gen>) matching ((((Matching unit) belongs to an enemy of (Owner of Tauren Chieftain 0000 <gen>)) Equal to False) and (((Matching unit) has buff Brigandage) Equal to True))) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Add Pillage to (Picked unit)
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units within 1000000000.00 of (Center of (Playable map area)) matching (((Matching unit) has buff Brigandage) Equal to False)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Remove Pillage from (Picked unit)

You can download the Test Map anyways...

Attachments

• Brigandage Aura.w3x
    18.3 KB · Views: 71
Last edited:
Level 2
But if your skill is passive and not active, the "starts an effect of an ability" isn't logical, so you maybe want to it in this form:

EDIT: I did the map, only 5 minutes. And yep, It works in this form:

You can download the Test Map anyways...

Isn't it going to make a memory leak? I mean, process every 0.50 second....wow. Maybe sumbody can suggest sumthing better than mine and Arcsol's?

P.S : Arcsol, WOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.