• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

I need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Hi... as you can see im new to the forums (sorry if i posted it to the wrong forum)
I have a couple of trigger questions

1. What can i use to make an abilty to be activated, so you gain hp on each attack but your mana slowly drops to zero? ( i used something of my own but it didnt work properly )
2. I wanted to make an abilty to deal damage equal to the caster's max mana pool. I used the following

Events :
A unit finishes casting an abilty
Conditions :
Abilty being cast equal to Mana Bolt (not sure that was the name)
Actions :
Cause [triggering unit] to damage [target of abilty being cast] dealing [Max mana of (triggering unit)] damage of attack type Chaos and damage type Fire

But it didnt work... can you tell me what am i doing wrong?

3. How can i make an ability deal damage based off the caster's int/agi/str ?

Level 28
1. Use Immolation as a base spell but without damage. Then when you activate it you make a trigger that gives the caster life steal. Should be begins cating an ability for activation and stops casting for deactivation (I'm not sure)

2. I can't see why it wouldn't work.

3. Pretty much like the trigger you posted but using the attribute instead. But the attributes are integers while the mana is a real so you'll need converting (when you select mana you select Conversion - Integer to Real).

Level 6
1. Use Immolation as a base spell but without damage. Then when you activate it you make a trigger that gives the caster life steal. Should be begins cating an ability for activation and stops casting for deactivation (I'm not sure)

Or you could just make an ability based off divine shield and completely trigger it from there, since Immolation tends to put an effect everywhere and is hard to deal with.

BTW: You have an awesome sig. I took the quiz too. =) I got black. Pwnttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.