• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Adding more skills to hero.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Hello, I'm sorry if this was answered somewhere else, but I don't know how to look for it. I just want to know if there is a way to surpass the limit of 5 skills for a hero(the hero ones, that he has to learn, not the unit ones).
Thanks in advance.
It's unlucky tho because I need just one more skill :D

Level 12
Like what Wiet said, you can make completely custom hero ability learning systems that are based off of spellbooks instead of using the normal hero abilities.

Just put a bunch of Channel Abilities in the spellbook that have different order strings from any other spells the unit has and pick up on whenever those are clicked. Then, you get the level of the hero ability and +1 it. You can even make fake units that are named "Requires Hero Level 3/5/6/7/8/10/whatever" and make those fake units spawn when the hero reaches a certain level and make the buttons for those spells require the fake unit.

Level 5
Thanks to both of you :)
Problem is I'm already using spellbook for something else.
However 6 skills aren't that necessary, I'll have to stay with 5 I guess.

There is a negative point about this which is that it requires a high level ability or depending on you on how many points are needed. So you could make 4 dummy abilities just so you can get 10 hero skill points in the hero to level 10. :thumbs_up:

Hope this helps, good luck.

Edit: All you have to do is make 5 more dummy abilities to get to your goal of what you wanted, its easy enough. I provided one example, if you need help or run into trouble then let me know. The only thing I can't do easily is duplicate how the real hero skill button has numbers added onto it. It's possible, but requires a few icons. =)

Don't let order ID's collide, there's more then 50 of them so you shouldn't have a problem with that as long as you watch what your doing.
Just remember to disable the dummy abilities for all players so the real hero skill menu doesn't pop up. You don't need the extra file in import manager, was just testing stuff and forgot to remove it.

Attachments

• Dat HBS.w3x
    18.7 KB · Views: 63
Level 5
Hope this helps, good luck.

It helped a lot, but I got one more question, how did you replace the original button with your skill, maybe it's stupid question :ogre_hurrhurr: but when i copied it into my map it doesn't cover the original button at all.

Thanks to everyone for help, I guess you suggested spellbooks thinking about something similar to what Dat-C3 posted, but with his example I understood it better, and also I learned a lot just from that example. Rep+ to all of you, and I will credit you Dat-C3 for sure if I will ever finish the map :grin:

edit:
Now I see what you've meant... xd Thanks to all of you It won't be a problem to add 2 or 3 nickanames to the credits for helping me I think. I will make sure to mention everyone who helped me with the map, even If not directly for the system used in the map.
Spellbooks can be used multiple times.
There is a data field called "Base-Id" or something similar to that.
All spellbooks with the same id will be added to each other.
All other spell books will work properly with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.