• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

adding models through attachment points

Level 41
(i'm not talking about adding it in worldedit.exe through triggers or object editor, i'm talking about the model itself)

does it only work if model you want to add is located in "SharedModels" folder?
because if so, this is total bullshit

i re-checked the visibility a dozen times, i changed the file path to .mdl, i tried renaming the attachment point itself to something that works on other models ("IllidanAttachment" from IllidanEvilCaged.mdx, "BirthLink" and "NagaBirth" from buildings) and it just doesn't happen
there's no four-letter code for that model (as far as i can tell) to add it through an event object, i tried several different variations and no dice

edit: deleted it, started a new one with blank visibility and effect happens once in portrait when you click on a unit
after some testing, it appears that it depends on what animations the model you want to add has
if it does have a "stand" it will play as normal, but if it only has "birth" it will only play in your unit's "birth" animation (and on every click in portrait)
blizzard entertainment - the pinnacle of it's always fucking something

Last edited: