• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add unit to the end of training queue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Both GUI function and jass function "IssueImmediateOrder ( unit, string_order )" add unit to the begining of a queue.
It isn't suitable for me at all, because I have to add it to the end.(

If rebuilding the queue from its ending then I have to remember all the orders of adding units to the queue. But I shan't be able to rebuild queue again if training of any unit will be canceled. So fail...

Is there any other solution to my problem?

Thank you.

Level 2
"orderId" must contain only integer. 'hpea' is a string variable.
But I think this function does the same. The difference is that that only ID is needed.

Level 17
Both GUI function and jass function "IssueImmediateOrder ( unit, string_order )" add unit to the begining of a queue.
It isn't suitable for me at all, because I have to add it to the end.(

If rebuilding the queue from its ending then I have to remember all the orders of adding units to the queue. But I shan't be able to rebuild queue again if training of any unit will be canceled. So fail...

Is there any other solution to my problem?

Thank you.

if u want make unit cancelable unit production then use hashtable

when u order a unit for train a unit save the unit handleid or unit custom value (custom value if u use a indexer)
  • Unit - Order unit to train/upgrade to a Footman
  • Hashtable - Save (Player number of (Triggering player)) as (Custom value of unit) of 0 in (Last created hashtable)
in this example we save the player number and where they key is the unit variable custom value, 2nd key is 0 (unit variable is the factory what craft the unit)

• Untitled Trigger 003
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Finishes training a unit
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: (((Name of (Trained unit)) + crafted by player ) + (String((Load (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) of 0 from (Last created hashtable)))))
      • Hashtable - Save 0 as (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) of 0 in (Last created hashtable)
      • -------- here Triggerunit = the crafter building, Trained unit is the produced unit --------
  • Untitled Trigger 004
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Cancels training a unit
    • Conditions
      • (Load (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) of 0 from (Last created hashtable)) Not equal to 0
    • Actions
      • Hashtable - Save 0 as (Custom value of (Triggering unit)) of 0 in (Last created hashtable)
      • Game - Display to (All players) the text: construction aborte...
u tryed something like this?
"orderId" must contain only integer. 'hpea' is a string variable.
But I think this function does the same. The difference is that that only ID is needed.
that is integer not string, string is with "" not with '',
"hpea" = string, 'hpea' = integer

Last edited:
Level 2
Omg. Solved. The problem was that that there was not "wait 0.2 second" before the action. When unit finishes training there is an empty slot, in which the next unit in the queue is still not placed. So there have to be a small pause before the actions in order to let the building set the next unit to the first slot, which can be probably tacken by "Order unit to train ..." action.

Status
Not open for further replies.