• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

add Shop item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys,i trying to made a build sell a item,like bundle of lumber and chest of gold so players can trade gold into lumber and lumber into gold,but it seems like no matter what i do the item just wont appear in the building.I have add sells item,Shoping Purchase item,Shop sharing abilities into that build,Changed item classification to permanent,add those item into bulding Techtree-item sold list but they just could not appear in the list,can anyone tell me how to make them purchase able...

Level 13
Hm, I'd be willing to bet the building you're adding them to, and the building you are looking at in game are different.

Although this doesn't have to be done with an item, it could just as easily be an ability so long as the building is only controlled by a single player. If it is a neutral shop, then the item option is better.

Just in case...take a look at this.

Attachments

• ShopTest.w3x
    16.3 KB · Views: 29
Level 3
Hm, I'd be willing to bet the building you're adding them to, and the building you are looking at in game are different.
Im sure im using the correct building

Although this doesn't have to be done with an item, it could just as easily be an ability so long as the building is only controlled by a single player. If it is a neutral shop, then the item option is better.

Just in case...take a look at this
i look onto your map,but the way you do it just wont work in my map
The building i use is originally a town hall,does it matter?

upload_2016-11-7_22-7-34.png
upload_2016-11-7_22-8-4.png
upload_2016-11-7_22-8-30.png

Level 13
I just tried using a Town hall with almost identical fields as you and had no problem.

Can you replicate the problem on a test map? Maybe we can isolate the problem there.

Attachments

• ShopTest.w3x
    16.4 KB · Views: 33
Level 3
I noticed the screenshot only has the "level 2" shown, does each level have the appropriate changes made? I also actually downloaded and tried the map, but I had no idea what I was looking for in the map itself so I couldn't find the problem.

Level 13
So the issue is upgrading the hall from level 1 to 2.

If you place a lvl 2 down in the editor, when you start the game it will have the items properly for sale. If you upgrade lvl 1 to 2 then it will not have them.

There is probably a way to do it without replacing the unit with the level 2 building upon completion of research, but that is a potential solution.

You could also try adding the items via trigger action.

I'm sure someone has stumbled across this problem before, maybe a better solution than I can think off the top of my head is out there.

Status
Not open for further replies.