• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Add / selecting additional races for mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
hello, im new to the forum, been reading/searching all over this and many other forums without finding a correct answer.

Im currently building a mod, not a hero or RPG style mod but just a Melee mod with the addition of 3 more races, balance changes and a few others.

my biggest problems that i have not been able to solve as of now are, Race selection in the pre-game lobby (i have the selection flag clicked, races are only playable through random, but again, no choice). the color selection in the lobby also seems to rename the colors based on the names of some of the units and abilities i have added. and i cant seem to do an in-game model change. (much like how the zergling changed from wingless to winged once it gets the speed upgrade). I did go through the actor and more or less copy pasted that model change effect from the zergling to the new unit, but still, nothing. the upgrade does change the portrait model, icons and effects just fine, but no option for the unit model itself.

any advice would be great. o/

Thanks,
Tiger

oh, one more thing, how do you change the texture of a model through the editor? I see the actor events through the protoss to dark protoss, but is there a way to do this that doesn't require an upgrade to do the texture change? thanks again o/

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.