• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Add genre tags Star Wars and Lord of the Rings

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, that way we could add even more. I think the idea is to stick to Blizzard games.
From my point of view, if such tags are to be added, they should have some popularity and model/map/resource lists to back up the incentive of adding them.
This exactly.
We have space and medieval tags though. Aren't they fitting?
They are fitting and we don't want to risk a DMCA claim.

Level 25
Hm they are not fitting. You will get Star Craft and any space models etc. And medieval is definitively not Lord of the Rings. I am not sure if you can get any copyright claims only because you use a tag but okay didn't know about this. Some models do even use the name Star Wars in their title: Warcraft 3 Custom Models
Yes there could be even more tags like "Dragon Ball" or whatever.

What do you mean by "model lists"? I only know about packs and packs only have some models in them. Are there any hidden lists I did not know about?

I think it is very hard to find all Star Wars or all Lord of the Rings models on Hive at the moment but this is only my opinion.

edit:
Again I missed many Star Wars models from here: Fingolfin
Basically, I have to know the people who made many Star Wars models and bookmark their resources profiles.
If I search for the space tag only I get many Star Craft models etc. Warcraft 3 Custom Models

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.