• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Action/Horror Survival Leak Fixers Needed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
Okay, I'm working on a big multiplayer map right now. Its probably about half way done. Everythings turning out great so far, except for a some problems with lag. I know the source of this lag must be coming from memory leaks in my GUI scripts. :eekani:Yes, thats right; I havn't graduated to JASS yet. I am aware of memory leaks and have some idea what causes them in GUI, but I'm not sure how to fix them. I understand that some custom scripts will be needed to clean some of them, and right now the creation of these doesn't fall within my current abilites.

The map is coming along great right now other than that. It's probably going to be my best thus far and I expect it to exceed other action/horror releases.

It would be great if I can get someone on to look at my scripts and point out where the leaks are and how I can fix them. Anyone who joins will receive full credits for their work.

If you're interested in helping me out, just post back and I'de be happy to show you what the map's all about.:thumbs_up:

Thank you

Last edited:
Level 6
Here's a quick look at the game for those who are interested,

The map, as I have said previously, is an action/horror survival type game. There are seven players and each will play the role of a randomly chosen space marine at the beginning of the game. Each marine has their own name and will have different objectives during the game.

There is a volunteer system, which allows the squad to break up into groups and carry out different parts of a mission. This makes the game more exciting and intense by making it more dangerous and suspenseful. Most enemies are set to randomly patrol the map in search of you or any other opposing forces. Unlike some survival games, this is random and the enemy's do not automatically know where you are. They will search rooms hallways, elevators, maintenance shafts, outside, inside; anywhere until they find you.

There will be two enemy factions, a race of dark alien creatures and an army of powerful robots set on killing everything in their path. During the game, both factions will hunt you, but you will see them fighting amongst each other as well; another part of the game's random patrol system. I've been trying to set up a system similar to Bioshock’s random enemy generation; trying to make it as non-linear as possible.

Aside from this system, the game will include a weapon and ammo system with at least 8 different weapons in game; everything ranging from the standard assault rifle to a PPC rifle and the popular BFG. There is also a door locking system. If you are pushed into a corner, you will be able to lock the doors behind you and hide in rooms as you prepare for the next attack. I expect to add a vehicle system as well.

For the most part, the game's stakes it’s setting on a forgotten world deep in space. Once home to secret colony run by a corporate giant, it is now abandoned, a quiet mass of rock drifting through space. The colony itself is still there, but it is not quite unoccupied; something dark and ominous awaits the arrival of those unaware.

Last edited:
Level 6
Awsome! Can you fix leaks in GUI?

It'd be great if you can fix leaks in GUI. I want to finish my map, but I don't think I can do that, because of the lag that comes later in game. So if I want to be able to test map, I'll need to be able to fix those leaks.

So anyways, I'd appreciate any help you can give me on this and you will receive full credits if you do.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.