• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

About Maps section

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
The map section is realy good, becouse you can download that type of map as you wish, BUT I think that all maps must be placed in two new groups:
1. Single Player maps
2. Multyplayer Maps

Level 5
That's true whad did you say about map sections, but I must still search, let say at RPG maps for single player one...
After all, this map section view is not so bad as I think! :)
Thank you for replay!

Level 5
From I interpreted from this thread (correct me if I'm wrong) was that the suggestion is to have a sub category that goes under each map category. I think that's a great idea since we can do this with the following sub groups. An example would be AOS as primary category, then player number as sub category.)
1. 1 player (Not possible with AOS but this is just an example for demonstration purposes.)
2. 2-4 players
3. 4-6 players
4. 6-8 players
5. 8-10 players
6. 10-12 players

Level 6
That's a good idea, but there are some problems.

For example, Temple of the Old Gods belongs to both categories. It can be played by 1 player, being a single player adventure, but also by 2 players online, if you initiate it as a multiplayer game. Thus, a simple categorization won't do.

To make it work, each map should list the number of players it supports (min and max), and you should be able to filter maps based on those numbers. E.g. a filtering for maps for a player number would check if min <= searched number <= max.

The uploading wouldn't be so simple then (you would need to enter two values), so I don't know if Darky is willing to implement the feature.

Level 22
I don`t really like the idea. When people search for maps, they typically search for map type over the ammount of players it can support. So I think, in my own opinion, that it`s fine the way it is (short having the altered melee and tower defense catagories that I wanted added). Don`t forget you can check to see how many players a map supports by looking at the info data it gives you when you click on a map`s name.
-VGsatomi

Status
Not open for further replies.