• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

About Greece — what's going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 18
They're just complaining too much.Greece and Turkey were funded by the west so they doesent suffer a comminust revolutions like the rest of the region, but when the cold war ended, the Turks had already built a powerful econemy while Greece didnt change its policy ,because when you run out of outside support you have to reduce all expenses to maintain stability,but instead they grabbed for the EU.And when the crisis began and the EU recived difficulties Greece became defensless, now unless more money are thorwn into the botomless pit inorder to fill it, the goverment will fall and the country will indeed go trough a long hard period just because they refused to reduce their uber-high living standart which they could not afford originaly.

Level 11
To be honest, the way Greece is like I don't think they could last 3 months with the support of the people. There are no resources to support neo-nazi political ideas in their state and it would worsen their economy if they did anything like that.

In other words, for them to stay they must solve the economic crisis which would lead to an increase in support = room for neo-nazi stuff.

Also If they would do something radical and/or desperate the world would react

Level 24
Are you guys talking about Golden Dawn when you say "neo-nazis"?

If yeah, I must say I'm happy to see such a radical nationalist party gain such high support even if their direct influence will be very limited due to the mass-medial and political "bullying" of them.

We are actually flooded with changes every day. Each change affects the income of the average family. The only ones that are not affected yet are the students that go for internship.
At first, it was some political fuss that sounded like some joke. Secrets were revealed day by day after that. The society wasn't able to comprehend the upcoming era. It sounded like some joke or at least something that would easily change in the future, given that we are -for some reason- sure that our government will actually do the best thing possible for the citizens. Invested trust proved us wrong though. Although I voluntarily stay away from politics, since I am not interested at all, rumors didn't let me stay in the dark. I pretty much learned everything regarding the history and how we ended up there. Two words: corrupted ministers (and members of the Parliament).

People want to have more and more, they seek the best lifestyle possible, even if Greece doesn't host this type of lifestyle in its traditions. I started realizing how bad the situation was, when I was asking some people I knew "How are you?" and they were replying with the situation in Greece. When those people were of my own age, I was always left startled.

I am really focusing on the pulse of the people here, because the history is posted here and there on the Internet. It feels like we won't be able to do what we're asked, the government requires more than it provides and the scenario of our old currency returning is still alive, no matter how desperately the government wants to avoid it. Such poverty was witnessed, back in the period of Junta (check wiki, if you want to see what I mean).

I don't know if it's the right phrase here, "time will heal things" or "time will show", all I know is that people are scared, worried and driven to despair. I generally disliked how they linked each Greek person with the actions of our government, when everything was done "behind the scenes". Well, let me tell you something, we have nothing to do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.