• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] about damage detection....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 17
i checked and tried many things in this forum but i can't find anything about the system as i wanted.

i want to trigger is works only enemy unit takes damage (NOT INCLUDES SPELLS) now i'm using GDD system but this system includes spells too.

When i created trigger unit is attacked, players using stop/attack combinations
When i created pick unit in takes damage event or gdd system, players using spells and items based immolation or dps.

What can i do ?

Level 6
the thing is, you may need to change the event instead of unit takes damage it will become unit is attacked. but there are problems regarding the unit is attacked event but that is one of the possible choices.

Level 12
This is rather impossible to make a system to check for those purposes except if you don't trigger all the current spell damage and make it run threw the system.

Unfortunately that is right =)

Also this condition prevents trigger fire with buffs.
  • GDD_Damage Greater than or equal to 1.00

Well you could make add a buff placer to all units and check if the unit has this buff. If it has the buff the damage was dealt by an attack. A good buff placer is e.g Orb of Corruption.

though it will put an orb effect on the unit so he cant have any other orb effect...

you can do baassee's suggestion: trigger every damage dealt in the map so it will be EASY to filter through them... (I also commented on your post at the GDD's thread)

Status
Not open for further replies.