• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability with items _and_ units as allowed targets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hi,
I got a little problem: I want make an ability with which you can target nearly everything, so not only units or only items but units, items and destructables (all handle-type objects).
But I have problems finding a fitting ability or a fitting setting for allowed targets for 'channel'...

It would be very nice, if someone could tell me a working ability or setting.
Thanks in advance :)

Level 7
Ofc... but try it yourself: When you set 'item' and something else only items will be targetable, units not. That's the problem.

Level 7
I get what you mean, but unfortunately it seems that you don't get what I mean... I need an anbility with which the user could target anything (except trees). The effects will be added by a trigger, sure. But I have to cast the spell on something before the trigger could run, you see?

Level 7
No no no... I need a setting (or something like that) for an ability to target items and units... nothing more, nothing less. And this could not be done with triggers, I' very sure. Cause it have to work before any trigger could run; when the user clicks the ability button and selects a target.

Level 7
Yes, there are reasons... I want to make a spell which can influence all widgets.

But anyway, I solved the problem: I just took 'channel' and as allowed targets 'item', 'air', 'ground' and anything else I need. Thanks for your time.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
Spell-creation threads go on the Spells and Systems forum.
[self="http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=309"]
spellsandsystems.gif
»»» Spells and Systems
[/self]
Talk regarding custom created spells and systems takes place in here. Get help creating a spell or implementing a system etc.
Do NOT request for help or talk about spell-creation in the World Editor Help Zone. Spell-matters go on the Spells and Systems, which has it's link above.
~Thread Moved

Status
Not open for further replies.