• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Spell] Ability will not show up in game!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I've tried googling the problem every way and I couldn't find anything. A couple things:

-There are about 20 of units (all copied off the same unit) that use 20 of the same spell (Based off Taunt) and they all show up and work just fine. Only 2 of them I cant get to appear no matter what I do.

-The Use Custom Abilities in not even checked in the Ability Properties, so it's not that. (I tried checking it and unchecking and rechecking the abilities in question to see if that would fix it, it did not.)

-If I remove the requirement the ability will appear (not a viable option for game play but at least I was able to get them to appear). Keep in mind there are about 20 other abilities that work just fine with the same set of requirements.

-Even though the requirements are buildings I tried adding Requirement levels to see if it would make it appear it did not.

Any ideas?

Edit: Get this, I have test commands to give control of all the player including neutral hostile/passive. If the building are Neutral Passive the ability will show but once they are player owned they will not show. :( Again the Ability Properties tab isn't even checked!!

I also tried adding the abilities after the game starts and changing ownership of the unit after the game starts. -.-

Last edited:
Level 16
I think it might just be something that's hardwired into the game, I've had issues like this that I've spend at least days trying to solve only to realize that the problem is likely a byproduct of how the spells are hard coded into the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.