• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability variable troubles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi Im doing a map similer to the Warchasers map.
One of the hero's you can select from is a Druid.
There are 4 hero's that it can shapeshift into:
- Bear
- Boomkin
- Wolf (Couldnt find a cat model)
- Tree
Now the transformin into hero's thing works, exept when he shapshifts back, all the spells that the previous hero new are gone
Now this hero is NOTHING like the Monolith werewolf each hero has a seperate moveset and i have this working its just the saving of the heros abilities that dosent work

PS if somone tells me how to upload the map i can give you what iv got already but i havent done anything for the ability keeper coz i just cant even find the right variable setting.

Level 37
Save the abilities and their levels into a hashtable.

You can find a hashtable tutorial in the tutorial section.

You can postthe map as a link, using pastebin. You can find that in the upper left corner of the page. Or you can edit your post -> go advanced -> manage attachments.

Level 3
My trigger editor dosent have anytype of hashtable in events or actions
Also another question.
I have made a custom immolation move based of immolation.
I have andded extra special effects via triggeres but when I deactivate it, The special effects stay on-screen.
are there any events like "Unit deactivates ability"?

Level 37
My trigger editor dosent have anytype of hashtable in events or actions

Update to 1.24b.

I have andded extra special effects via triggeres but when I deactivate it, The special effects stay on-screen.
are there any events like "Unit deactivates ability"?

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
      • (Issued order) Equal to (Order(unimmolation))
    • Actions

Level 3
Umm iv got a problem with my hashtable,
When i click "ability" in the "Save ability Handle" Worldeditor crashes on me.
also I will post my map and can somone do it for one of the transformations (or more) so i can see how to do it becouse i can't find how to store every ability to 1 hero for multiple heros.

Link:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/pastebin.php?id=zbt9n4

Thanx in advance

Level 37
That crash is a known bug as far as I know. You don't necessarily have to save the ability at all, only the level.

However if you need the ability, you could create an ability array at map initialization that lists all abilities. Like:

Set Ability_Array[0] = ability_1
Set Ability_Array[1] = ability_2
etc.

Then just save integers in the hashtable, and based on that integer, give the unit the corresponding ability.

Level 3
Umm i tried doing that but i cant seem to get it or how to do it,
Could you post an example please?

Level 37
Here's the solution I came up with. Test it with the Druid's bear form. I didn't change the other forms, I left that for you to do. While in bear form, learn some abilities, and trasnform to druid and back to bear. You'll see it works :cool:

Attachments

• The Darkness Lair 0.2.643.w3x
    237.1 KB · Views: 34
Level 3
Thanx alot =D
That was driving me nuts

EDIT
Could you just give me a quick rundown on how it works or how to change it if i change the forms
Thats if you've got time
Also iv set the all the info for the other forms and set the moves and such but no matter what one i choose to change into they all turn into the first one that i transformed into. But if i start at lvl 15 and have all tranformations it automaticaly assigns the tranformation to the bear

Last edited:
Level 3
okay just one last question
would i need an intiger array for each hero
and for each spell 1 spot in that posific array?

Status
Not open for further replies.