• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability triggering with Dummy unit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
Hi
I am trying to make a Water Elemental send forth a Sea Revenant towards a target location. When it collapses with an enemy unit, it will cast Breath of Frost upon it, while adding a short expiration timer to the Sea Revenant.
So far, I have just made it Attack-move to the target point. However, i want its collapse radius to be equal to its collision size.
I am aware of the fact that I might have to use a dummy unit. But how would you suggest it works, take it it has to be MUI/MPI.

These are the triggers I've made so far:

• Rising Waters
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Rising Waters
    • Actions
      • Set Caster = (Triggering unit)
      • Set Real = (Facing of Caster)
      • Set Point = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Set Point1 = ((Position of Caster) offset by 100.00 towards Real degrees)
      • Unit - Create 1 Sea Revenant for (Owner of Caster) at Point1 facing Real degrees
      • Set Unit = (Last created unit)
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 second Generic expiration timer to Unit
      • Unit - Turn collision for Unit Off
      • Unit - Make Unit Invulnerable
      • Unit - Order Unit to Attack-Move To Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point1)
  • Rising Waters Cast
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Breath of Frost
      • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Sea Revenant
    • Actions
      • Set Unit = (Triggering unit)
      • Unit - Add a 0.50 second Generic expiration timer to Unit
This is the trigger I wish to rework:
  • Rising Waters Collide
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is attacked
    • Conditions
      • (Unit-type of (Attacking unit)) Equal to Sea Revenant
    • Actions
      • Set Unit = (Attacking unit)
      • Set Target = (Attacked unit)
      • Set Point = (Position of Target)
      • Unit - Order Unit to Neutral - Breath Of Frost Point
      • Custom script: call RemoveLocation (udg_Point)
I imagine a dummy unit continuesly has to follow the Sea Revenant in its path. But how?

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance. :)

Level 4
If you want the breath of frost cast for a period time like 3 times in 3 seconds, i think you can use loop action with "for integer 1 to 3". I still don't get it what the spell are you want...

Level 8
If you want the breath of frost cast for a period time like 3 times in 3 seconds, i think you can use loop action with "for integer 1 to 3". I still don't get it what the spell are you want...

I want the second trigger to start when a unit comes within range of the Sea Revenant.

Level 22
Just create a sea revenant as a dummy, move it toward the target point using the periodic timer and pick every nearby enemy unit within x range. kill the dummy and make a new dummy at the last position of previous dummy, order it to cast breath of frost to the location in front of it. You can use Dynamic Indexing to make it MUI, learn it here - http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...orials-279/visualize-dynamic-indexing-241896/

Status
Not open for further replies.