• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

ability that allows walking through tower

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Make the tower has 0 colission size
create a small region around the tower, and when the enemy unit trying to enter the region just move them instantly outside the region.
And if the tower destroyed, just disable the trigger.. so any unit could go through

Level 3
a distance event is better i think, but a region is more easy to make.
How about using an aura for the tower, so when an enemy unit nearby, the unit will get a buff. Using periodic time event, pick every unit that has the following buff and move the unit away

You could try fiddling with the targets allowed for the waygate ability (if it has targets allowed)

reading all of your answers gave me a great idea, but I should say from now that there are 50 towers that are used in summon ability by 5 units.
"unit cast an abilty"
"create 50 tower in a nice looking circle"

-----
an ally unit having the buff "brillance aura" that each blocking tower is having, set collusion 0 for that unit.
unit lost the buff, set collusion to the original collusion (if its possible to do it)

What you think, is this a good idea?

Level 20
I would like to know exactly what do you want to achieve, so we can think about ways to achieve it. I find it somehow hard to guess why do you think you need this for what you want to do, since we don't know what you want to do.

Now we know it's a circle created around the caster of 50 towers that allows only him to go through (at least that's what i get so far). I don't really feel motivated now, because I have the idea of getting some other "surprise" that changes everything once I've invested time on this.

Always be clear and detailed about what you have, what you want, what you aim for.

I would like to know exactly what do you want to achieve, so we can think about ways to achieve it. I find it somehow hard to guess why do you think you need this for what you want to do, since we don't know what you want to do.

Now we know it's a circle created around the caster of 50 towers that allows only him to go through (at least that's what i get so far). I don't really feel motivated now, because I have the idea of getting some other "surprise" that changes everything once I've invested time on this.

Always be clear and detailed about what you have, what you want, what you aim for.

just pick the only available hero and see for yourself how his own ability block himself though the enemy was the only one seppoused to be blocked, for allowing knockback to push them in place

Attachments

• Freedom Force v0.22 test.w3x
    513 KB · Views: 36
Status
Not open for further replies.