• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Ability targeting an item

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, simple question. I want to have an ability targeting item, that will fire up a trigger when casted. And I have no idea what is wrong. It is not working even if I replace "Starts the effect of an ability" with something else like "Starts casting".

This question is probably dumb, but I have no idea what is wrong.

1620287726676.png
1620287773078.png

Level 21
I tried this, and no matter what I do it works...

I can think of two things that could be messing you up:

1. - Is it possible the casting unit has another ability with the same order ID? (Cannibalize) if so change it so it is the only ability that unit has with it's order ID.

2. - could you have made a really silly mistake like referring to the wrong ability in the trigger?

besides that, I have no idea why this wont work for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.