• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability ID

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I heard that all abilities have its own ID, but I don't know how to find it. Can someone help me please?

Level 12
I think the id you are talking about is a little piece of code that really doesn't do anything. All I've seen it do is not let you have two custom abilities based off the same ability on a unit at the same time. I'm not sure what else it does, but unless someone else finds another reason why you need it, I really don't think you need to find them.

Level 2
Erm, I've heard people mention ability ID somewhere. For example, I want to use a trigger : Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Unit to cast the "Item Illusion" skill, but theres no such option in the trigger. So I have to use Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById instead, but i need the ability ID to do so.

Rui

Rui

Level 41
You might be referring to it's raw code. Yes, all abilities have that ID. There are many things you can do with it. For example, you can build a trigger (I don't know if it really requires JASS or not) that adds and removes abilities, but instead of having to specify every ability, you can use the raw code. This would be easy for the players to know by inserting the ID in the ability name. Then the players would add the ability through that code.

This for a certain map type, of course.

To view those IDs, enter the Object Editor, select View and choose Display Values as Raw Data.

Erm, I've heard people mention ability ID somewhere. For example, I want to use a trigger : Unit - Issue Order Targeting a Unit to cast the "Item Illusion" skill, but theres no such option in the trigger. So I have to use Custom script: call IssueTargetOrderById instead, but i need the ability ID to do so.

the order id for illusion is '852274'
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById( caster, '852274', target )

I think this is the only way to CAST illusion via trigger.

Level 24
in GUI you actually do it whatever is under "Text - Order String - Use/Turn On", which is a changeable field

Level 2
Thanks everyone for helping me out. By the way DragoonZombie, how do you find the "852274" thing?

you can detect it with this trigger:
  • Order Detection
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting an object
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order targeting a point
      • Unit - A unit Is issued an order with no target
    • Conditions
    • Actions
      • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg( "Order Name: "+OrderId2String( GetIssuedOrderId() ) )
      • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg( "Order Id: "+I2S( GetIssuedOrderId() ) )
      • Custom script: call BJDebugMsg("-----------------")

Level 11
the order id for illusion is '852274'
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById( caster, '852274', target )
This is wrong, since orderIds can be integers OR raw codes, but not both in the same time.
Exaple: 'A000' is the raw code, and 851321 (not exactly that) is the integer of a spell. The raw code is a hexadecimal number, that's why it must be put between ' ' -s. Warcraft converts it into an integer, that's why you see an number like 851321 when you display the orderid on the screen.

So DragoonZombie, use
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById( caster, 852274, target )
or
JASS:
call IssueTargetOrderById( caster, 'A000', target )
because the one you wrote will not work!

Level 2
Thanks DragoonZombie. Umm paskovich, I don't really understand what are you trying to say =.=;...

Ok... Just so you know, there are only a few abilities that allow you to change the Base Order ID. I think they are "Channel", "Chaos", and some other ones. I think they have to do with resources. Anywayz, that is the ID in which it will be called through. Change it to any ID you want as long as it is in the "Preset" functions. Now, you can trigger it.

I'm sorry, but DragoonZombie is half-wrong. That is a way to order it, but it is not the only way. You can order it through standard GUI triggering or JASS. Pretend the Base Order ID was "Chain Lightning." If you want someone to cast the ability, just do this:
  • Test Trigger
  • Events:
  • Conditions:
  • Actions:
  • [I]Unit - Order <Unit> to (Far Seer - Chain Lightning)[/I] [I]<Unit>[/I]
This will have it perform chain lightning to the unit. You might wonder why you would want to do this. Since the ID is chain lightning, the unit will cast the ability with the ID: Chain Lightning. Make sure your unit has the ability and mana/stats to perform it, else it won't work. Make sure your casting unit doesn't have two of the same ID or else weird things will occur.

I hope this helps! :grin:

Level 2
Umm, i don't really get what you mean, PurgeandFire111. Besides, i don't think theres a trigger action : Unit - Order <Unit> to (Item - Item Illusion) <Unit> .

Level 3
I've got an issue in the map I'm making that is a bit like this. You see i have two spells that originally came from the same but I've changed them. So now when i use one of those spells both of them trigger. What can i do to fix that?

Change the Base Order ID... This can be only performed when the ability is based off of "Channel", "Chaos", or something like "Lumber Exchange," but I think there are like 1-3 more...

There is no way to change it from a regular ability because it is hard-coded into the spells. They will both only trigger if the unit has the ability, so that means you can either not give that ability and give it to something else or whatever, delete the ability, or remake the ability, basing it on something else.

I hope this helps! :grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.