• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
heyo i just started an ability...wat it does is split the hero into 2, and each of those ilusions split into 2, this is done 5 times...now i made the ability based off of storm earth and fire ability, and used a copy of the unit that casts it for the created unit...this unit has the same dummy spell which is also based on storm earth and fire.

Code

Mirror Split
Events
Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
Conditions
(Ability being cast) Equal to Shadow Image
(Level of Shadow Image for (Casting unit)) Greater than or equal to 1
Actions
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Death's Shadow)) and do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Level of (Casting unit)), Hide level-up graphics
For each (Integer A) from 1 to 10, do (Actions)
Loop - Actions
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Storm, Earth, And Fire
Wait 1.00 seconds

Now the problem is that first when the ability is activated, the illusions do not split by themselves, and the level of the illusion does not get matched with the level of the casting unit...wats wrong?? help me out plz

Level 8
Maybe you should increase the wait time,i think 1 second is few for the panda to cast the ability.Because it will show the pandas roll and so,so i think there the problem might be.

But dont u think it's overpwoered? they will split like 10 times.

And Death's Shadow is the hero,right? since you may "pick" some other unit.

Level 5
yeah well im ganna balance it after i acctually get it to work, death's shadow is the hero and i did condition maching unit equal deaths shadow, so it would only pick that hero, i based the whole ability off of mirror image, so the split is quick but i will try to increase the time. ill repost when i have tried it.

Level 6
I've noticed that when leveling up a hero, the skills he has learnt do not automatically go up. You have to tell him to learn each spell up to where it was on the other hero. You can do this through triggers. :D

This spell looks hidious to make, I mean, what do you think will happen when he's put back together? I think it will only go back to generation 4 leaving 16 Death Shadow's forever. That would be unbalanced! :?

But! Don't let me deter you, I'm just pointing out problems I can see, for others or you, to think about and fix if it comes to that. :p

Happy Modding!!!

Level 5
ok i know the spell lvl thing, but i was talking about the hero lvl, the unit produced by the storm earth and fire spell is a copy of the deaths shadow hero, just put an editor suffix to tell the differance... i thought the same about how balanced it would be, but the dummy unit created (illusion) has the spell death's shadow dummy spell, which is the same as the other except its a unit ability, i split each of them manually, and after the certain ammount of time i set the spell to last...no matter how many illusions it makes the original pop up again.

Level 6
Code:
Actions 
Unit Group - Pick every unit in (Units in (Playable map area) matching ((Unit-type of (Matching unit)) Equal to Death's Shadow)) and do (Actions) 
Loop - Actions 
Hero - Set (Picked unit) Hero-level to (Level of (Casting unit)), Hide level-up graphics 
Loop - Actions 
Unit - Order (Picked unit) to Neutral Pandaren Brewmaster - Storm, Earth, And Fire 
Wait 1.00 seconds

I think this is wrong, What this does is tells your hero to split but when he does he is removed from the game and from being the picked unit. Solution:

Code:
Actions 
Loop - Actions 
  Loop - Actions 
Wait 1.00 seconds

I'm not 100% on this.

Level 9
eeem...a little bug...
if there are sevrel units of this type on the map it will copy them all...so if this hero will be made by two players both will split when one will do the spell...thats what i think that will happen...

Status
Not open for further replies.