• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ability Damage (Triggered)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
So, I'm kinda new to making abilities for RPG maps and I need a basic understanding of how this is usually done.

For example, I want to create an ability that does:
A melee atk that stuns and does damage equal to (100+30*AbilityLevel)% of the units current min/max/average(idk yet) damage.

I can only get this far atm;
  • Untitled Trigger 002
    • Events
      • Unit - A unit Begins casting an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Bash (Swordsman)
    • Actions
      • Unit - Cause (Casting unit) to damage (Target unit of ability being cast), dealing (100.00 + (30.00 + (Real((Level of Bash (Swordsman) for (Casting unit)))))) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal
And this is only 100+30*Abilitylevel and not in percentages, nor (Let's say the units Bash level is 2) 100+30*2=160% of units max damage

So I'm really not sure how to go about this :/

Level 19
An active spell? can't be done nicely. You have two options (easier or harder depending on how your map is made)

1) Cache the damage of the hero by saving the damages of the base hero types and each individual item in the hero's inventory

2) Use cold arrow and a DDS. When the attack is dealt, remove cold arrow buff and multiply damage

Level 5
How would I do this second way with the Cold Arrow? Cause I'm not sure what you mean by that

If this doesn't pan out I'm thinking of changing it to 100+30*AbilityLevel% of the units current STR, for some reason I think this is more do-able, seeing as I've played quite a few RPG maps with abilities that use the units stats as modifiers.

Level 19
If you don't understand how to use a DDS than it wont help you.

your 2nd solution is easy. Just do (1 + (0.3 * ability level)) * srength

Status
Not open for further replies.