• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Ability Cast

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I want to make a unit cast a specific ability that it has on another unit, but I am failing to find a trigger that I can use to make it cast the ability. The ability is custom. Help!

Level 4
You first need to check what the "Order String" is and then in the trigger say: Unit - Issue an order targeting a unit. BUT you need to tell it what to cast using that order string (so if your ability was based of frost nova the order string would, by default be Frost Nova. This means that you need to tell the unit to use frost nova in the trigger)

Level 4
order unit target unit
ex:storm bolt (human)

order unit target point
ex:flame strike(human)

order unit target with no target(instant cast)
ex:thunder clap(human)

correct me if i'm wrong :grin:

Level 7
If it is Targeted on a unit use Unit - Issue order Targeting a Unit(Order your unit to use X spell on your other unit), if it is targeted a point use Unit - Issue order Targeting a Point(Order your unit to use Y spell on a Point that u like) and if it is no targeted use Unit - Issue order with no target(Order your unit to Z spell)

Status
Not open for further replies.