• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A wonderful idea but I need your hlelp to do it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
This is what I would like to happen and I need your help to put it into action...I present the following...

You know how when a building gets destroy the normal way... Horde comes and attacks the human buildings and it then catches on fire and then just blows up!

Well, I like to change that. I like to do this, unit attacks "building". Building catches on fire, then just before it blows up the building will be removed and change to another type of building that looks like its in ruins like after a building been burned down from fire. Well, after the building has been changed I like for a trigger to be set to create some doodads of fire inside the ruin building. So, this way the building will be placed on fire and it would give a new style of a building being burned down. Say for about 15 or so seconds then the building would stop burning (nothing to burn left) and then disappear or have to be removed by a worker to recontruct the building.

Level 3
Well, I need to know how to do this because its something I wish to add to my mod "Medieval Total War" this will bring a new style of buildings being burned down and also when I figure out how to use the camera controls right I'll be having the players play in a 3rd/first person view of a hero character also known as "You" as the character the king in other words. So, you would have to command your armys from that one character and build your town up from that character. No more viewing multi areas but only one view and thats only what "You see" out of the character hero eyes.

The player will have access to the mini map to give orders from it like attack command but thats all. Thats just so that they can still give orders to units across the land and sea.

I REALLY NEED TO KNOW HOW TO DO ALL THIS TRIGGERING TO FUTHER MY PROJECT. THANKS!

Level 3
Yes, the models are already in the editor. All I need to do is create a new unit/building and change its model to a "doodad" model.

Level 10
events-
unit dies
conditions-
unit type of dying unit equal to (type)
actions-
remove dying unit from the game
create (ruined tower) at position of dying unit

dont think its multi instancable though.

Level 3
Okay, that trigger idea did work but only worked for that building type and no other but I am guessing you knew that.

Anyways this is what I did,

Event:
Unit - A unit owned by Player 1 (Red) Dies

Conditions:
(Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Barracks

Action:
Unit - Remove (Triggering unit) from the game
Unit - Create 1 Barracks for Player 1 (Red) at (Position of (Triggering unit)) facing Default building facing degrees

Now, this is what I got...

The building was removed and the game created another. But, the created building was not placed in the same postion as the barracks was.

Any idea how to fix this? I am going to try and remove building path and collision and see how that works.

Level 3
w00t, it works now. Thanks for the help but im still not done asking for help but I'll post here if I need any :D

Level 10
glad to be of help. try attaching the "fire" doodad to the 'head' or 'body' of the tower for added effects.

Status
Not open for further replies.