• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

A way to add an upgrade randomly

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I have a building of many levels. Just wanna know if there is a way to add randomly an upgrade to 1 of the buildins on a random slot during the game (and make it stable for one game but change again in another one)

If no, then is there a way to add it randomly to specific building but on radom slot?

Level 20
Random slot: You mean the squares in the bottomt right corner? No. It's not possible to access them via Triggers, unless you make one ability for each square and enable a random one, then the others would be disabled and you would have your random slot desired ability.

Explain a bit better, i don't understand the building level thing, and what exactly you want to achieve whith all this.

Level 2
well. The idea is that the thing is a "wall". You should upgrade it to make it harder to destroy. The thing i wanna do is to add an upgrade to a "secret wall" that's like not possible to destroy. But i don't want someone to find it and tell everyone else, where it's situated. So i wan't to make this upgrade appear in different levels of the "wall" each game (and be stable for the current game but change in another one).

Level 2
OK, can anyone tell me, how can i add an upgrade to building via trigger during the game?

Level 28
You could use the "Charge Gold and Lumber"-ability in combination with the Chaos-ability for this (though I've never used Chaos on buildings, it seems to be working correctly at first sight).

"Charge Gold and Lumber" will mimic the upgrade and when the ability is cast, you add "Chaos", which will transform the wall into the Secret Wall.
Because the ability ("Charge Gold and Lumber") can be added/removed at any point in time, you can change when it appears as an upgrade.

The downside is that the ability is instant (there won't be an upgrade timer).
Another downside is that the ability has to be given manually to every wall (so when a wall is upgraded, you need to check whether it's the wall that's currently set as 'the one that can be upgraded to a secret wall' and then give it the ability).
I can't think of any, but there might be better ways to achieve this.

Attachments

• Secret Wall.w3x
    10.4 KB · Views: 32
Level 2
well, that looks pretty awesome, but could be better if there was an upgrade timer ;) But i think, that the thing u've made is just nearly what i need. Thanks! Feel free to add new ideas if u have time

Level 2
Btw is there a way to make user have to pay for this wall? I can do it via trigger, i think, but prolly need to add the cost to tooltip.(should be easy, prolly gonna make it myself)

Btw, i have made an item, that builds this " secret wall". Mb there is a way to like remove the wall and start building this secret on on the place of prev. wall?

Level 28
Btw is there a way to make user have to pay for this wall? I can do it via trigger, i think, but prolly need to add the cost to tooltip.(should be easy, prolly gonna make it myself)
Didn't you check the demo-map I attached in my previous post?
You have to pay for the wall in that map. It's an actual cost, not just in the description.

Btw, i have made an item, that builds this " secret wall". Mb there is a way to like remove the wall and start building this secret on on the place of prev. wall?
Again, check the demo-map. I don't see the need for an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.