• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A Unique function of help desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Alright, I'm looking for a way to create a help menu, so to say. This could be impossible, or extremely hard, but basically, i want a system that doesn't give you a text based view like the display message function.

I want it to pop up with a window, that gives you 4 options, as you see in many maps.

Afterwards, I want [don't know if it's possible] for it to pop up with that same screen ,just a bunch of text, with the tutorial for that part.

Of course, to activate this menu, I want it just to be a text activated command, such as
-help

I really appreciate this, I'm not too good at finding things with GUI, so if the function is kinda hidden, I'd appreciate it if you could tell me which categories it is under, either that or just post down the "custom text", the raw code of the trigger, and I'm usually able to find things better like that.

Thanks in advance!
P.S. JASS is also welcome.

Level 9
Press F9 at any map and read an info...
Most of mapmakers make tutorials as a quests
i also make text tutorials such as at Meat 3
Player type "-?"
chat to him:
-sa = command for a share vision
etc...

You can't make pop-ups at GUI..may be at Jass with special effects of lighting fork or drain life\mana to the point of a screen section..
dunno...

Level 4
A lot of maps that I have seen have a little menu when you click them for choices, I have even seen them in some RPG's.
Usually, the menus are just labed with choices on an item or such in which you can click on and it does a trigger.

I've seen some maps start up by picking your race in one of these menus.
Yeah, I'm looking for one of these.

Status
Not open for further replies.