• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

floating text shows damage...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
hy everyone. i just created a system, with the Great help of GaDDeN, author of Elim. this sys i made cuz i wanted the units to have a chance to hit and miss, and crit too. (and maybe other things) is fully operational and working, the only bad is that u will have to create a set of triggers for every unit. well u can copy and paste, but u will have to change sum things. the things is, when a uit hits, a floating tex, containing damage taken, appears over the damaged unit´s head. thats amazing. but it loks ugly. i wanted to reformat that text to look like the gold text ( like, the "+10"), or the critical text, same thing ( i just dun create a skill the has 100% chance to do 1 times dmg cuz the system damage is based on triggers. thats why u have to create a set of triggers for each unit) cuz that text slitly goes up, leaving space for another text to be read, in case the unit attacks are too fast. and they look nice too. but i cant find how to do it... ive seen alots of maps that use it for other things too ( live Heroes and Empires, where the experience gained appears in blue the same way as a critical skill text)
plz help me i really apreciate it.

PS GaDDeN if u read this, PLZ LOG ON MSN dud more than 2 weeks i cant talk to u, i need sum help and i ned to know bou the nw project. thx

Level 7
eh? you don't have to create a separate set of triggers for each unit... i used something on my map that just has 1 (well 1 set of triggers) for all units...

i'd post it but its kinda complicated and very long just cause i do a lot of stuff in it other than just dam/critical/miss

Level 4
well...

thanx and later maybe u can send me the map then i cna see the stuff (tru msn) or if u dont trust me, then post the config. but the real question is to make the damage text look like the "gold (+10)" text or the critical damage text (256!). thats what i wanted to know, but thanks anyway =)

Level 7
Re: well...

Raydrik said:
thanx and later maybe u can send me the map then i cna see the stuff (tru msn) or if u dont trust me, then post the config. but the real question is to make the damage text look like the "gold (+10)" text or the critical damage text (256!). thats what i wanted to know, but thanks anyway =)

yeah i know its not much help just saying that 'it exists' and not being able to post the solution

but the text is easy, just make floating text, set its velocity to up and fade time, give it a timer to be destroyed and use |cwwxxyyzz|r to change the colour of text like you would any other text

Status
Not open for further replies.