• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

floating text + Filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
hi, i want to show some information above the terrain
so i chose floating texts and i walso want to terrain not to be seen --> so i added a black mask
problem : black mask also covers floating texts, basically i want it kidna like the thingy in 'tides of blood' that the map is black but u see the text how can i do that ?

Level 3
you tryed (actions) game -display message already? or isnt that the thing u want?

u could also blackmask the field u are watching and then put a floating text in it, i just checked if it worked and it worked.

// actions ((visibility) create an initially disabled visibility modifier that is emitting black mask accross XXX )
//

edit: it doesnt screw up with me, you checked if the floating text is displayed at the correct spot?

Level 2
ahh thx, i used cinematic - filter which didnt work , domo arigato ! now it works

Status
Not open for further replies.