• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Alright, floating text is being retarded...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
alright, so I have a dynamically created area which uses floating text to label things, nice and dandy, works fine the first time its loaded up

now when its destroyed and reloaded, some of the floating texts are missing... alright, so i checked, they're definately being made and not destroyed... so i made a 'reload' trigger and ran it while the area was still existing and voila the text appears -- only problem, now a few other ones disappeared -- everytime i reload the thing a random set of 3/17 of the floating texts do not get made or vanish

i can't figure out whats causing this... any pointers in the right direction?

Level 4
I've come to understand that a certain amount of floating text that you can only use.

Suggestion. Why not make the floating text be able to disappear. Then simply run the trigger every now and then.

If i can recall, here a trigger that might help

Event
Every 10 sec
Condition
Action
Create floating text at point
Make floating text not permant
Make floating text speed=0 and direction=(doesn't matter)
Make floating text age 10 sec
make floating text fade 8 sec

Status
Not open for further replies.