• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

HELP I NEEED HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
um ok you know how NOTD has a black border were menu and all those are located on top and black all around in the bottom were u can select spells u have ur inventory and things? well mine is green and i dunno how it got that way i just tested after making a unit comes within range trigger to make sure it worked properly and the borders were all green .. if i could make this black or back to normal then thad be perfect because green is annoying -if any diffrence i recently used a color text program to change the color of the description of my map PLEASE HELP CHANGE BACK :evil: :( :shock: :x :cry:

Level 2
Also i am making a maze Maze-Of-Chaos is there an easier way to make it so like when a unit steps on lets say lava then he dies the way i do it is lay a region down in a line were he cant go and then make a trigger event-unit enters region KILL
conditions None
actions-kill unit the way i do it is long seeing as how i have sooooo many curves so i have tons of regions to kill the players can u make a region turn a corner and still be ONE region instead of 2 diffrent regions and is there an easier way then mine? it takes forever to put all the events for the regions

Level 7
Master-O-Chaos said:
Also i am making a maze Maze-Of-Chaos is there an easier way to make it so like when a unit steps on lets say lava then he dies the way i do it is lay a region down in a line were he cant go and then make a trigger event-unit enters region KILL
conditions None
actions-kill unit the way i do it is long seeing as how i have sooooo many curves so i have tons of regions to kill the players can u make a region turn a corner and still be ONE region instead of 2 diffrent regions and is there an easier way then mine? it takes forever to put all the events for the regions

besides periodical distance checks of say a sentinal unit that are placed on the border of the path, i can't think of much right now

Level 8
You could add all of the lava-area regions to an array variable, and then whenever a unit enters a region, wait a second and then go through all the variables in the array with a loop to see if it was one of those that the unit entered. If it was, kill it.

Level 2
Panto said:
You could add all of the lava-area regions to an array variable, and then whenever a unit enters a region, wait a second and then go through all the variables in the array with a loop to see if it was one of those that the unit entered. If it was, kill it.
Sorry but im a bit of a newb mapmaker so how would i do it? can you give a small example? please :(

Level 8
Err, what I told you is pretty much how you'd do it in a trigger. Just start figuring out how to interpret the idea in terms of the GUI actions.

One of the things that you'll have to do is make a region variable array of the size of your lava regions (if you have 6 regions, the array size is 6). Then set each value in the array to a different region in a Map Initialization trigger.

Another thing you'll have to do is make a "Generic - Unit enters Region" event on another trigger. No conditions. Put in a .5 second Game-Wait. Do a For A to X (X is the number of regions) loop.
In the loop, check if region[x] is the region that was entered.

If it was, kill the Entering Unit.

There, that wasn't a trigger, but it was a specific and itemized explanation of what you need to do. Start making the two triggers you'll need (map-init and unit-enters-region) and post what you come up with here. Use "Copy as Text" to get the exact syntax to us.

Level 7
Panto said:
Err, what I told you is pretty much how you'd do it in a trigger. Just start figuring out how to interpret the idea in terms of the GUI actions.

One of the things that you'll have to do is make a region variable array of the size of your lava regions (if you have 6 regions, the array size is 6). Then set each value in the array to a different region in a Map Initialization trigger.

Another thing you'll have to do is make a "Generic - Unit enters Region" event on another trigger. No conditions. Put in a .5 second Game-Wait. Do a For A to X (X is the number of regions) loop.
In the loop, check if region[x] is the region that was entered.

If it was, kill the Entering Unit.

There, that wasn't a trigger, but it was a specific and itemized explanation of what you need to do. Start making the two triggers you'll need (map-init and unit-enters-region) and post what you come up with here. Use "Copy as Text" to get the exact syntax to us.

alternatively he could just use a loop to add the events (unit enters region[for loop A]) to the trigger that kills entering units... i guess in theory thats pretty much the same thing anyways

Level 1
i got the same problem too. my "inventory cover" my border around the gold,lumber,inventory all became bright green. I also cant see the character portrait. i checked didnt overwrite userinterface. Can any1 help bright green is annoying :(

Status
Not open for further replies.