• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

A request for guidance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I would like to implement the spell below, however, I am not asking for someone to post the script or solution for it. I'm just looking for guidance; I want to know if a JASS script editor is a necessary element in the spell below, and/or if it could be accomplished in the Script editor in the World Editor. Also, is JASS a programming language, or are there interfaces like the script editor in World Editor that allow easy manipulation of codes. So far, I don't know how I create this spell through the normal script editor. A request for guidance in these matters has been put forth. Also, if someone would like to give the following spell a shot, then feel free to share this information with me ;)

--------------------------------------------------------

Blessing of Light (Rank 1)

135 Mana
Instant cast
Places a Blessing on the friendly target, increasing the effects of Holy Light spells used on the target by up to 400 and the effect Flash of Light spells used on the target by up to 115. Lasts 5 min. Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

Disambiguity:

It doesn't seem possible to implement this in the current editor. I would presume a method for changing the effects given from base skills would be necessary. For example, I couldn't make this based on Thunder Clap, because it only provides an attack, and movement speed debuff.

Places a Blessing on the friendly target, increasing the effects of Holy Light spells used on the target by up to 400 and the effect Flash of Light spells used on the target by up to 115.

This means that however much Holy Light heals for, an amount will be added to the total healing done to the target of Blessing of Light.

Holy Light heals for 1000. A factor of 400, in this specific case, would be 1000/400. The result is 0.4, which is converted into 40% extra healing of the base healing of Holy Light.

The same applies for Flash of Light.

Just assume that I have created both of these spells already.

Players may only have one Blessing on them per Paladin at any one time.

Once another type of Blessing is cast on the target, no matter which Paladin casted it, the Blessing of Light will be replaced by the new Blessing. I would assume this would mean classifying the Blessings in a certain group, which are then over-written by another spell of this same group.

All help is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time, if you decide to help! And happy 4th of July tommorow!

Status
Not open for further replies.